Monday, August 23, 2010

14.5 Months ain't so Shabby

FINALLY! Salem is walking!

I've decided that he's all about efficiency. And there for awhile, his crazy speedy crawling was just more efficient at getting him where he wanted to go.
Praise the Lord that those are days of the past. Don't get me wrong, there is very little that is cuter in the world than a crawling baby. But the muddy knees and hands when playing outside was just wearing me out...not to mention the knees of his pants.

Other news: he's turning out to be quite the food disposal.
He can put away a pb&j sandwich like you've never seen. And bananas don't stand a chance.
And for my Mother of the Year Award I'd like to inform you that he would live off of grilled zucchini and squash if we let him...or if we could keep it stocked in our fridge often enough.
Photobucket

He's quite the clown, and knows he's got me wrapped around his finger.
Photobucket

I'll be completely honest and admit that he's a total mama's boy. For now, I'm flattered and soaking up every second of it. When he's not getting his way and getting to be held by his mama, it's this face:
Photobucket

His two weaknesses...NUK and blanket. All is right in the world when mama, NUK, and blanket are present and accounted for.
Photobucket

His mumbling is turning into words now. Among the most commonly uttered words are:
                    mama, ball, pup, fish, shoes, go.

And he's a lot more interested in climbing feats than Eden ever dared or cared about. Someday I expect him to conquer Mount Everest.
But for now he practices on the dining room table and the upright piano.

Sweet 14.5 month old Bubs, we LOVE you!
Photobucket
  

3 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Couple things. Did you know that the longer babies crawl their hand-eye coordination and depth-perception are better? Fast walkers sometimes have lazy-eyes! :)

Salem is ridiculous cute. That hair standing straight up and those eyes. Goodness. Also, I like how normal it is to see a hose on a toilet. Even mothers who don't cloth diaper would love to have one.
I get you on the playing outside. Though Isaiah will still go for leaves and grass to eat, so I'm sure he'll still be on the ground!

Merissa said...

Way to go Salem! Your children have precious smiles!

Rachel said...

He's soooo adorable!!

Ali was a 15.5 month walker - her hangup was her extreme over-cautiousness. When she finally let go (in obedience to my Dad), she walked perfectly.

Kids are almost as weird as adults, aren't they?