
I used to think that stay-at-home-moms that put their children in preschool were selfish and inadequate.
And then I had children.
You see, I was the perfect mother before I had children.
Enrollment time came around for our church's preschool program and I jumped on it quick, fast, and in a hurry. Eden is on her second week of preschool. She's going twice a week for their morning scheduled session time and is eating up the time with her teacher, Miss Laura. (who, can I say, is THE epitome of a preschool teacher and is BEYOND fabulous!)
Here's our thought process...
1. Salem and I could use the break from Eden time together to do mommy/son things. You don't know how easy it is to go the grocery store with just one child until you have two!
2. Eden LOVES it! Today is her first day of show-and-tell, an event that I'm sure is going to make wednesday mornings absolute craziness as she does the frantic-search for the perfect item that starts with the letter of the week.
3. When we get to The Big Chicken, National Preschool is something we think will be incredibly beneficial for her social skills, adaptation to the culture, and language acquisition. So...maybe if she gets used to the preschool idea on this side of the Pacific, it won't be such a huge shock when she does preschool on the other side of it too. (we'll see...)
The other big factor was the location of the preschool.
This is the view from the front door of our house looking directly across the street:

If you look closely you can see a little blonde person in a white cardigan in the left side of the window.
That's her!
So at any point I'm feeling a little Eden-forlorn, I take a peek out the front window and can see the classroom she's in or watch her playing on the playground. Plus, according to Miss Laura, Eden thinks it's too cool for school that she can see her house from her window.
And of course, drop off and pick up time couldn't be easier.
On the other hand, yesterday she came home and I caught her singing this number:
"Miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me."
*cringe* oh the joys of my daughter hanging out with other preschoolers! :)
Eden is over there now and mini-man is sleeping...so call me selfish or inadequate if you wish, but this preschool idea is great!
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
The Awesomeness that is Preschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amen and Amen sista!
Isaac is just now 2 1/2 but our wonderful Awana leaders are going to let him be in the 3 year old class. I hope some regular (wish it was from 8-12 everyday!) time in a class setting will be good for him...as HOPEFULLY in January or so, he'll be going to a local preschool too! Hopefully it'll be just down the street!
Woohoo! I am so bummed Archie's mothers-day-out doesn't start after Labor Day!
Post a Comment