Thursday, September 09, 2010

So Far this Week...

  • I've washed men's Axe gel deodorant out of Salem's hair. Brandon and I were off being awesome parents watching the first game of the season while the kids were obviously behaving themselves.  Eden thought it was lotion and rubbed it all over her naked body. (why was she naked? ... that's another bullet point.) And she decided to play hairdresser as well.
  • Spent 4 hours in the ER. Though that's nothing compared to Brandon's tally of 7 hours spent there. Glad to say that Salem's 105.8 fever is down now and his tonsillitis has been correctly diagnosed. (missed it the first time, blast those unruly doctors!). He's on the mend. The ER is a great place to do some people watching...though maybe a tad puke-a-rrific as well.
  • Cleaned up a pee puddle. Not normally bloggable, but this time around it was right in front of the toilet because Eden "thought her booty was far enough over the potty."  I'm not entirely sure how that happens...thinking you're sitting on the right part of the potty, but really you're not. Leave it to an almost 3 year old.
  • Got asked yet again if I'm planning on taking my children with me to The Big Chicken. I tried to answer without rolling my eyes this time. But then the question was followed with, "Well, with you and the kids gone, Brandon will be able to fill a lot of his time with work so he can support you overseas."   ummmm? I do plan on taking my husband with me as well. thankyouverymuch.
  • Managed to contract my own little virus completely unrelated to Salem's raspy phlegm. Luckily, mine hasn't warranted any trips to the ER. My medicine of choice is a large, orange, pulpy glass of Minute Maid.
  • Got caught in the rain while taking my sick son out for some fresh air. I'll be accepting Mother of the Year nominations now.
  • Tried Hormel's new version of pepperoni, "Turkey Pepperoni."  eww.  I mean, sure, it's healthier, my kids ate it still, there weren't puddles of grease on my pizza, whatever.  But I'll be sticking with my greasy who-knows-what-it-is pepperoni from now on. In my world, Turkey and Pepperoni shall never be mixed again.
  • Found a sippy cup of nastified apple juice in my ziploc bags drawer in the kitchen. A testimony of how often I use ziploc bags. :)  I'd been wondering where Salem's renegade sippy cup went. 
                            
                                        Here's to Friday!

6 comments:

The Reeds said...

That's a fun post! I just fried turkey bacon and it's amazing how much more "bacony" it seems when you fry it verses the microwave (I at first typed Macro-wave). But pepperoni?? No thanks.

What outfit should Pooters servers wear? I'm thinking black tights with POOTERS in puffy cloud letters right down the "seam". Yessss... If you build it, they will come.

Anthony and Sharon said...

We had a rogue bottle get lost a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize it was in the car til the smell gave it away.
And luckily Isaac seems to have grown out of the "Squat and poop right next to the toilet" phase. Whew!

Glad Salem is feeling better and that Brandon is in fact going to go with you overseas:)

Anthony and Sharon said...

...waaaaiiiiit. Brandon hasn't made the switch to Natural pits?

Brandon and April said...

HA! No, brandon has definitely made the switch to cancer-free pits. But you know how it goes, what do you do with the leftover deo sticks that he stopped using halfway through? Of course, leave them in the drawer so the kids can play with them.

Rachel said...

Someone thought your HUSBAND wasn't going?????


Wow people are crazy.

Rachel said...

Someone thought your husband wasn't going?!?!?!?!?!!?

Wow people are crazy.