Last October...almost one year ago...Eden successfully potty-trained at 25 months old.
Something that usually goes hand-in-hand with potty training:
pee-stained mattresses
2 a.m. sheet changes
Big shocker coming up...
She's not had ONE SINGLE night pee since she learned that that is what the potty is for.
Is that a miracle? I dunno. I certainly think so.
I'm blissful about the fact that I've yet to change a pee-soaked sheet at 2 a.m.
Two and a half months ago, when we moved to the promised land Texas, we moved her into her "big girl bed." You know, twin size bed, bed rail, the whole shabang.
She was ecstatic about it. Polka dot sheets. Pink pillowcases. Flowery quilted bedspread. What's not to love?!
Something that usually goes hand-in-hand with big girl beds:
getting out of bed after being layed down to sleep at night
repetitively taking a toddler back to the bed because they keep getting up
being woken up by a toddler eerily standing next to your bed at 3 a.m.
Next shocker...she's not gotten out of her bed ONCE after being laid down at night until morning time. It makes me wonder if she even knows that she physically can. I dunno. It's just never been an issue with her.
Until tonight. One of these things changed.
We were peacefully watching Brandon's new favorite show "Top Shot" when I heard footsteps.
It was Eden.
Coming down the hallway. After being put into her big girl bed to go to sleep for the night.
I would have been less surprised to see that Salem had crawled out of his crib and was making his way down the hallway.
"Mommy, I don't want to go to sleep yet."
WHAT?! I didn't even know what to do with this. We've never had to address the "I don't want to go to sleep yet" issue.
Two of the childhood/parenting milestones were not crossed in our household until tonight.
But now we've got one down...hopefully not one more to go.
I figure it's only a matter of time until I'm beckoned into her bedroom to the sound of her saying, "I pee-peed in my chonies."
Lets hope it's not tonight though. I can't handle two parenting milestones in one night.


2 comments:
Oh Waaah.
Kidding. Isaac still isn't successfully potty trained :( though from the very beginning he's stayed dry most nights and every nap...though we totally don't change the sheets at night because, well, he doesn't wake up when he pees so we don't know it til morning! Though... we have discovered that he usually pees just as he's waking up but not fully conscious enough to get out of bed.
We moved him straight to a big boy bed and it only took one night of teaching him that he was not allowed out of the bed.
There has to be an explanation though as to why she got up... My money's on too much Dr. Pepper too close to bed time!?! Sorry. It's probably wrong of me to stereotype you.
Okay, what's wrong with this scenario when I'm picturing your child saying, "I pee-peed in my chonies" like Cheech or Chong?
And I got tickled at the thought of a 3 year old standing eerily by your bed at 3 am.
Is that the foolish naivete of someone who has never had their life rocked by children?
S'pose so.
Post a Comment