The man that I love was born 27 years ago today!
It was sooooooooo hard for Eden to keep the secret that she'd made him a card days ago. For the past few days at breakfast it was like she'd suddenly remember and say, "HEY MOMMY!!! CAN WE GIVE DADDY HIS...."
And then I'd "SHHH!" her real loudly in a very award-winning-parent type of style, and she'd remember that it was a secret.
So today when she woke up and I told her that today was Daddy's birthday she was beyond thrilled about finally presenting him with his birthday card.
And because Brandon is an awesome dad, he was beyond thrilled with his covered-in-stickers blue construction paper card that Eden and Salem made themselves.
He was also super impressed with my planning ahead-edness when I presented him with a birthday card I bought in the States before we left. I was impressed with my planning ahead too though...and impressed that I didn't lose it somewhere in between the move overseas!
We celebrated by starting the day off with Pioneer Woman's Coffee Cake. And after consuming almost entirely 3 sticks of butter, we labeled it a breakfast that should be eaten only once a year, and decided we had to get out for a walk!
We headed for a big lake not too far from our apartment...via bus:

We went all touristy, bought the kids balloons, and broke out our tourist smiles for a family photo.

Pausing for a 28 weeks preggy photo.

We're getting fairly used to feeling like local celebrities everywhere we go. With constant stares, occasional picture taking, and non-stop questions about whether both kids are actually ours, we didn't think things could escalate much more than that.
But something about being out in a very public and touristy spot, really brought on the crowds today. Eden's picture was snapped by no less than 174 cameras. No lie.
Occasionally, it bothers her and she doesn't understand why complete strangers want to pose with her for a picture. Good question, Eden. Good question. Most of the time, she handles it really well.
And then other times she totally hams it up and gives them a real show.

Lets zoom in on that and take a closer look...

Um yes. Totally eating up the attention.
What you can't see in this picture is how many people are standing to the left and right of Brandon (taking the picture). I was back behind the straw hut thing (which Eden labeled as Jesus' Manger) managing Salem who was less than enthusiastic about the impending crowd.
After our picnic lunch of pb&j, we concluded our park adventure with a carousel ride!

We returned home to nap out the afternoon, and to continue our high-calorie day with cupcakes and a Mexican Pile-On Feast with guacamole and all. Avocados cost a pretty penny kuai here, so we broke them out in celebration of Brandon today!
Happy Birthday Brandon! I love you and look forward to many many more of your birthdays!

Your kids love you more than their tongues can express!!

Sunday, May 29, 2011
A Day to Celebrate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Happy Birthday Brandon! What a fun day out! Salem is cracking me up in every picture, especially the bus one. What a cutie. And yay for your 28 weeks preggo belly! Definitely looks like a boy bump to me :)
Your such an obedient friend! :) I'm so proud of you for posing for a prego pic...it made this friend very happy to see your hot mama self! Looking fabulouso!!! :)
And a BIG Happy Birthday to you Brandon, wish I was there to bring you some microwave chocolate chip cookies! :)
Happy Birthday Brandon! We love and miss you! Hope you enjoyed the guacamole! :)
Ape, you are too cute in your preggo pic! Love you!
we taught eliana to say yi zhang wu kuai (1 picture for 5 kaui) when people want to take her picture. it's fun times! :) hope that yall continue to get settled in and adjusted!
Those are awesome pictures! I'm impressed that you kept up with a card through a move too - I couldn't have done it!
Happy Birthday, Brandon! Looks like you all had a fun day. You can never go wrong with PW's recipes (well, unless you're on a diet). :) Love all the pictures!!
YAY! Calories! The perfect birthday gift! :) Glad you guys had fun!
Happy Birthday, Brandon! We've been in Austin so we are WAY late w our greeting! Looks like you had a great one.
Love you guys!
So, I was scrolling through your blog and caught site of the Minnie balloon and got all excited, thinking there was going to be a post about Hong Kong Disneyland, which is funny because I don't have a clue how close to or far from Hong Kong you are. Disney has official rotted my brain.
Post a Comment