Eden's first words this morning: "MOM! I get to go to school today!!"
Her excitement permeated through our house this morning. It made us all bubbly and cheery. You will probably never hear me describe myself with those two words ever again. Especially concerning morning time.
She couldn't wait to pack her back pack. She made sure to include her house shoes...a new staple for attending preschool. Outside shoes are never worn inside. So, into the backpack went her pink boot-legged crocs.
One picture before leaving the house with daddy...

Can't you see the excitement on her face?!
Salem was less excited. That's an understatement. He was screaming mad. No really. He was screaming. He didn't like the fact that sister was getting to leave and he wasn't.
He ran to the window to watch what he was missing out on.

Her little friends are funny and are fascinated by her blonde hair. The little boy on the far right seriously cracks me up.

3 teachers to 5 students. Pretty good ratio.

She'll be attending twice a week from 8:45 to 11:45 and eating lunch there before she comes home. The whole lunch thing...that makes me a nervous mom. A paranoid mom.
When I picked her up I was rapid firing questions at her...
What did you do this morning? What did you eat? Did you like it? You didn't drink out of anyone else's cup, right?!
Her teachers told me she had three bowls of rice. No surprise. She's a bottomless pit as long as rice is being offered.
And then on our walk home she said, "Yeah I liked the rice! But I tried some green stuff. And then some other green stuff. But I didn't like the green stuff."
We're working on becoming more detail oriented. :)
When tucking her in tonight, I asked her what her favorite part of preschool was.
She said, "Playing with my friends."
and that makes my "green stuff"-mommy-paranoia totally worth it.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Blondie's First Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
SO CUTE. Ahhhhhhhhh, just miss her running up to hug me. I mean, I miss the whole Chancler clan, let's be honest.
She is so big! And she looks pretty sure of herself. Does the school only have classes 2 days a week or is that all you're choosing to send her there for?
And try not to worry about the green stuff Mom! I don't even ask what Isaac eats at preschool. He never complains and I figure he's gaining his own experience in the culture...which will inevitably be more thorough than mine. :)
Yay for Eden and school!
That first picture of her is PRICELESS!!!
That's awesome! She looks so cute in that class!
Post a Comment