Why is Rhythmic Gymnastics an Olympic sport? Seriously. Could they come up with a more pointless "sport"? It's like someone decided to make an event for all those gymnasts that couldn't quite cut it on the balance beam and threw in a hula hoop to make it more exciting. As long as we're inventing pointless Olympic events, I'd like to know when the Crab Crawl will be making it's debut in the track and field events.
Anyways. On to more important things in our lives this week.
Some of our most favorite friends ever spent the night with us this past week. It was soooo wonderful to see them on this side of the ocean again! Because of their way important jobs and awesome opportunities, they make us feel cool for having cool friends. Hooray for cool friends! :)
A few more pictures of Eden because you wouldn't recognize our blog without them...
Tell me she doesn't look like a toddler...
Playing the "I'm from the Middle East" dress up game...
Brandon has completed his first full week at SEBTS and it's shaping up to be a lot different than we expected. Don't get me wrong, we love SEBTS. I can't say enough awesome things about this amazing school that is so grounded in the word. It gives me so much joy to see my husband being taught by such faithful men of God.
However, this week is the week that reverse culture shock decided to settle in our "well adjusted" hearts. We've just been faced with the reality that Brandon is going to have to attend classes at least three hours a day, 4 times a week. He's going to have to work at least 30 hours a week. And he's going to have to study quite a bit to make the grades he wants. ...... which in turn leaves (what feels like) very little time to hang out with me and Eden. I know I'm being a whiny un-adjusted American, but we just can't get used to that American lifestyle again. We were so spoiled in The Big Chicken by having so much time together. That was our luxury in Chiner. Sure it was hard to find milk, tostitos, and cereal in Chiner. But at least we had time together. I know this is something that most families struggle with, but this is the first time for us as a family of three that we've had to deal with a daily routine that doesn't include all three of us doing (almost) everything together.
So that's my blog rant for the next few weeks.
In other Chancler news...
A family that we spent 7 weeks with up on that little Virginia Compound two years ago has now moved in right next door! yes, literally, we share a wall with them. What a small world!!
I'll leave you with one more Musing From Chris
yesterday on the swings...
Chris: "Hey, how do you spell her name?" (pointing at Eden)
Brandon: "Why don't you take a guess!"
Chris: "hmmm. ok. (pondering) T. N. O. P."
I always thought Eden with a silent P and T could be cool. I could be one of those hippy crunchy people that think their being creative by naming their child a wacky spelled name. We're naming our next child Bawb.


4 comments:
aaawww.... how fun to see yall with that fun other couple. i miss them. life isn't the same on this side of the world knowing there's fewer of our kind here. :)
eden is precious! i'm sure she can't fit into my favorite outfit anymore.... but that's OK.... she looks adorable.
Your blog makes me laugh out loud everytime I read it- I like the way you write!
I'm sorry you will have to be away from each other more! Every day I wish Randy could be home with me and the boys. But then we couldn't eat, so I know he has to! It just makes me cherish the little time we do have together!
Welcome to the life of a seminary wife. ;) Hang in there friend!
Bwab could go for both a girl or a boy :) haha!
I'm with you on the rhythmic gymnastics - haha! The ball is my favorite! haha!
Yeah, for us, Seminary was the hardest time of our lives! (that, and our first couple of weeks in South Asia :) haha!)... we were both going to school full time and both working full time. A little different situation than you guys, but very difficult! We didn't have time to do anything! Once we got into the groove (after the first semester) it was easier. We ended up being able to take only Tuesday-thursday classes and then we worked Mon-Wed-Fri and usually had Sat & Sunday off... so it worked out well for us - I recommend it if you can arrange it :)
Glad you have had fun with fun friends! awesome!
Post a Comment