Friday, August 08, 2008

Exciting Days

These are exciting days in the Chancler household. For a number of reasons, really.

I'll lay it all out for you.

Exciting moment #1
Wednesday morning Brandon had a "casual interview" with a new company just 4 miles down the road from here. It's an IT job...or something along those lines...I'm still foggy on all the details. But it's right up Brandon's computer alley. During his two hour sit-down with the Boss Dude he founds out that he's a fellow SEBTS student, recently spent a significant amount of time in The Big Chicken, and is a wrestler. They were instant bff. :)  
Anyway, he came home from that with the idea that we'd know something about that job no sooner than the 17th. Bummer.
Fast forward to yesterday (Thursday). Boss dude calls Brandon with a little job he'd like him to do on the side. And not only is it something right up Brandon's computer alley, but I get to take pictures for it as well. yippee! What took us about 3 hours yesterday, paid us a good chunk of change. niiiiice.
And then he goes on to say something along the lines of, "You were so friggin awesome in the interview that I'm not going to bother with the other two applicants and want you to start ASAP!"  Well, that was April-ese. It was probably more like this, "I've decided you are the most qualified for the job, and would like you to start the middle of next week if possible."
So hooray for Brandon having a job! And one that he'll truly enjoy. And really, Boss Dude didn't bother interviewing the other two candidates (one of whom had a Computer Science degree). Can I just say that I love anyone who can boost my husbands self-esteem like Boss Dude did!
To celebrate the new job we went out to eat at Chili's (on a gift card! hehe) and ordered the Molten White Chocolate Cake. Go. Eat. One. They are soooooo good. It should deserve an Exciting Moment title all by itself.

Exciting Moment #2
We got an unexpected email from our nice tax-lady friend yesterday informing us that what we thought might be a measly check from the IRS for a ministerial exemption is actually going to be a lot more than what we expected! REALLY niiiiiiicccce.  the Lord provides!

Exciting Moment #3
If there is one sporting event that makes Brandon and me giddy with excitement, it's the Olympics. In China! Seriously, I can't tell you how many times we've literally shaken one another in excitement shouting at the top of our lungs, "THE OLYMPICS START IN 274 DAYS!!!"  China of course didn't help our madness because they had a daily countdown on TV announcing how many days left. So every day when we'd see those silly Friendlies counting down the days it was a reminder of the insanity that our home becomes during that 3-week event. 
So we have it all planned. Tonight we're hosting a small party with Brat-Dogs and potatoes. Getting people all pumped up about the awe that is the Olympics. 
7:30 pm News coverage begins, and it's bath time for Eden. Bathe. Feed. Bed.
7:59 Silence and anticipation overwhelms the Chancler househeld.
8:00 Sing it with me now. duuu,duuuuu,du,du,du,du,du,,,du,d-d-d-d-duuu,du,du, d-d-d-d-duuuuu......at which point Brandon and I become completely oblivious to everything else in the world outside of the Olympic ring. Don't call us. We won't answer.  :)


So be happy for us on three levels: 
-We're no longer jobless
-We're no longer dwindling down our savings account.
-AND THE OLYMPICS ARE ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Brandon getting a job--one that he'll enjoy, getting big fat checks from the IRS (we know that feeling), and for the Olympics!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is so totally obsessed with them. I made Matt clear the DVR so we'd be sure to have enough space to record ALL the events. Oh, and I'm guessing you shook each other and shouted, "THE OLYMPICS START IN 274 DAYS!!!" only once, unless you said it more than once that day, or you just randomly picked that number and said it every time. Haha, just kidding. Love and miss you guys!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! yay! yay!!
Yay for the job!
yay for money :)
yay for the olympics! I LOVE the olympics!!!
What's your favorite summer event?

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Congrats on the job!!! Those are real important to seminary families :) Glad it's something he'll like so much! It's also good the boss builds him up. My friends and I have been challenging each other to look for evidences of grace in our husbands (and other friends) lives. Your other yay: 美国加油!I was glad we took out China in b-ball so easily last night!!!