Friday, August 15, 2008

Musings from Chris

One of our new neighbors is the coolest little guy around. He's 5 years old and says the funnest things ever. He's always entertaining us with us antics and lately, his tidbits of conversation.

So here's a few Musings from Chris. (what I anticipate to be a common blog entry)

Out walking with Eden yesterday, Brandon was approached by Chris.
"What's her name?"
"Eden"
"hmmmm (pause with a thoughtful look) Did you name her that because she eats a lot?"

Sitting on the curb beside his bike...
Brandon: "You taking a break?"
"Yeah...the wheels are tired."

Out for another walk with Eden...
"Hey, how old is she? wait...wait...umm....One?"
"no. close though! She's about 10 months."
"So she's Zero?!"
"I guess you could say that."
"When's her birthday?"
"(insert Eden's birthday)"
"That's cool. My birthday is November 8th. Last year on November 8th I turned 5. This year on November 8th I turn 6. My birthday is always on November 8th."

"Today I went to walmart and my mom bought me this helmet. It helps protect my brain. Well, my skull too. But if I fall it mostly protects my brain."

He recently injured his arm on his bike a few weeks ago...so yesterday he was telling us about it.
"Tell me how it happened, Chris"
"Well. I fell. And then I disloaded my arm."

Today it was a little rainy but then it cleared off for a bit...so again, we went out for a walk with Eden, and as soon as we did, Chris pops out his front door.
"IT STOPPED RAINING!"
"I know! Isn't it nice outside now?"
"Well, it stopped raining because I prayed!"

And again while riding his bike the other day, his brother says to him, "Hey Chris, wanna play some chicken?"
"What's some chicken?"

1 comment:

e&k said...

that is so funny! i'm so glad you shared because it is just the humor i keep going back to these past few days! thanks!