Saturday, January 19, 2008

Plethora of Pictures & a Request for our Readers!

Ok, so I realize that just about every other post on here actually is a "Plethora of Eden Pictures," so I'm taking a cue from a friend and changing things up a bit.

With a new blog look and our 100th post (woohoo!!), we need new blog stories...

I know you all love seeing pictures of Eden, but we want to know what else you'd love to hear about! (because otherwise, this trend will continue...picture post, filler post, picture post, excuse-of-a-post, picture post)

So tell us what it is you are dying to hear about living in Chiner, this crazy culture, or life without your Drive-In Sonic. Because honestly after a year and a half of living in Chiner, it starts to get normal (never thought that day would come!) The non-refrigerated milk and eggs, the endless fireworks, the fact that there are more bikes on the road than cars...it all starts to become normal. I've run out of exciting and culture-ific tales to tell.

And in a few months we'll be headed back across the Pacific Ocean and long gone will be the days of chopstick stories. So here's your chance, YOU tell us what you want to read on our blog! Leave us a comment at the bottom of this post...even all you secret blog readers out there (we know you're there, we see your dot on our cluster map, you're not so sneaky after all!)

And if there are no comments, then NO blog for you! Well, ok, that's a bit drastic. We all know I can't resist the urge to blog about nonsense. But then I'll just have to resort to more pictures of precious little Eden! :)


Trying on her new hat for Thailand:



Not sure what to think about Xiao Zhang:


Bath time:


First time in booster seat...and LOVIN it!


An ode to the previous Two-Step post, sportin her Texas Rangers outfit.


Discovering the art of making faces...



and as a result, getting drool on her shirt.

8 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Here's some that folks left on ours-
* You eating with chopsticks...in a real restaurant...none of this "at home" stuff.

* Any squirrels you have there.

* Pics of your city...does it have mountains? flat?

* Any cool/fun place you like to go...doesn't matter what reason you like it.

* Do you have billboards there?

* Eden in a park.

Hope that helps...generally I'd just like to see more of anything around your city.

Anonymous said...

I have to go 'anonymous' (I couldn't even spell that without looking down) because I forgot our blogger password. That has been holding me back awhile from making this comment that needs to be said now...your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! Every time we look at your blog we all just coo over her pictures! Takes me back to those days.....
Jenn B

Kathie (Mom) said...

I can't wait to see her... Eden, of course. I'm anxious to see you two as well.

Don't stop putting the pics of the kid up.

I think people like to see pictures of the things you see there... people, places, and so on.

Love, Dad (MJ)

Kathie (Mom) said...

Great blog--and of course you can't have too many pics of Eden. But pictures of your friends and neighbors would be nice. Also, pictures of the famous Fumart and other regular places you go. Anthony and Sharon's ideas are good ones.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ape!! I love coming to your blog and seeing how you are doing!!! I'm glad everything is going well. Keep posting those pics of Eden. She is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with pics of eden? :) I love her. I think your blog is great and lacks nothing. keep posting when life gives you time! see you soon in warmer weather!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I want to see more of what your city looks like...
-what does the place where you buy your "groceries" look like?
- What is the view from your window
- What kind of animals do you see in your city?
and of course
- I love Eden pics!!!!! :) SHe's ADORABLE!

heathernafrica said...

What about pictures of people doing weird/gross things in public? And I really like foreign kids. How about some of those? And what about pictures of y'all working...actually what do you do there? I don't even know and you've been there a long time! Love y'all!