Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th of July... And a giveaway!!

Happy 4th of July!!

It was a quiet, rainy day in our part of the world. One of the most relaxed and quiet Independence Days I've every experienced. The kids and I made an American flag today out of construction paper. I discovered Eden already knows the Pledge of Allegiance...how did this happen without me being aware of it?!?! And we danced around the living room to some fun music.

We're living in a land where people lack many of the every day freedoms that we enjoy as Americans.
We're incredibly thankful to our fore father's for this gift and their sacrifice.

Above all we're grateful for a Heavenly Father that has provided us Freedom. Freedom in Christ, for it is by his death we have been set free!

In honor of America's Independence day...we're giving away a book! It's written by a friend who, like us, is living in that limbo state of being a "free" American, living in a communist country. It's called, "Redefining Home: Squatty Potties, Split Pants, and Other Things that Divide My World."


It's available on kindle and paperback version.

I couldn't put it down once I started because I identify so much with every chapter of this book.
If you love hilarious stories, this book is for you!
If you want more insight into our life over here, this book is for you!
If you want to hear heartfelt stories of daily struggles, this book is for you!

So if you want a chance to win a copy of her book, leave a comment below. We'll toss all the names into a drawing and announce the winner on Monday, July 9th!

Happy Fourth of July!!

19 comments:

The Reeds said...

Happy fourth of July! and that book looks fun! ;)

Kathie (Mom) said...

Glad my grandkids are celebrating the 4th of July and that Eden already knows the pledge--loving their new home but keeping their roots akive,

Doug and Terri said...

I haven't started "Hungry for More" but hope to have more time soon! We have a new children's director starting Sunday. Yay!
Love your pics in The Land of Smiles.
Love you guys and THINK of you often! :0)

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Sounds great! Please enter us!!! Happy 4th!

Leslie S said...

I'm game! Seems with each passing year we know more and more folks who are learning how to live in a culture not their own. happy 4th to you!

saraallbritton said...

Sounds awesome! I'd love to give it a read!

geleia said...

Happy 5th of July! Hope I win!!!

Jennifer S said...

Glad you had a good 4th of July, even if it was quiet :)

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy reading your friends book. Thank you for entering my name!

jess said...

me me me!

Kevin and Becky said...

i like how we both started our 4th of july posts exactly the same way. granted, "happy 4th of july" isn't a rocket science beginning but i still say it's proof that great minds think alike. you don't have to enter me in your fab contest--i already read mrs. hudson's book.

Stephanie said...

Pick me! I love her writing!

Anthony and Sharon said...

{not that I wouldn't comment anyway, you know} but happy 4th (or 6th as it seems it is) of July and put my name in the hat!

Christina said...

Looks like a good book- I'd love to read it!

B Chapman said...

I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Our Adventures said...

Would love a chance to read the book!

Michelle Campbell said...

Yes, Happy 4th of July! I spent the day serving our US Veterans nursing at the VA Hospital in Amarillo. Thanks for the blog. I'm praying for you all. The book sounds great too!!!

Unknown said...

Oh man! That looks like a fun read! :)

e&k said...

once again you always have the coolest friends! i think you should put together a book yourself!