Aren't family pictures great?
Those frozen moments in time when everyone is smiling. All seems perfect in the world. Happy and whole.
It's those 47 seconds prior to the snap of the shutter that gets you.
Let me illustrate my point.
See...happy and whole. Smiling children. Smiling mommy. Though there is playground equipment all around us, we'd rather stop, cuddle with one another and pose for a picture...

Yes in this frozen moment in time, all seems perfect.
But my ever so kind and loving husband was fortunate enough to snap a few photos prior to said blissful moment.
I'll narrate for you, just in case my gestures aren't coming through loud and clear.
"HEY KIDS! Come take a picture with me! I'm going to interrupt your play time on the most giant playground ever and stand right here and yell at you until you get your tush over here for a picture..."

"Salem! We're waiting! Get off the awesome slide and get over here!"

For the love, son. Could you go any slower?! No! No whining! I know you have to stop playing, but isn't this even more awesome?! You get to take a picture with mama!!

"Now smile! look nice! Pretend I wasn't just yelling my face off at you!"

Oops. Mommy fail. Captured in pictures.
Happy picture taking to you all. And may your mommy-fails be infrequent and not accompanied by the click of a shutter!
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Mommy Fail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Thanks Brandon for capturing the entire picture event. Good final picture. Kevin.
So great!...I mean not that you had a bad mommy moment...but how you told the story and the pics to go with it...LOL!
hoolarious!
hahaha! i love this. :)
Fantastic. And the location, glasses, dark hair...very international. That last one is totally believable.
Haha! Love it :)
That is fabulous. And yes, that's what we all do. Every good family photo has a fail behind it.
Post a Comment