I had imagined this post to be full of pictures of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Pictures of them cuddling our kids, eating in our living room, hanging out at Gigi's house. Pictures of the people who we'll lay in bed at night thinking about and praying for.
But time has gotten the better of me and I'm just simply all out!
So words will have to do. And just a few words at that.
My heart feels like an ocean full of emotions. Calm at times. Tumultuous at others. Huge waves of emotion overcome me late at night and early in the morning. (thus the blog post at 7 am!) I'm a little bit of a pregnant emotional basket-case anyway, but it seems I'm even more so lately.
Tonight we'll spend one last night in this house. A house that has been such an enormous blessing to our family. A house we hope to get to stay in again someday!
Today I'll go to one last doctor's appointment for Caleb in the USA.
We'll make one last trip to Academy to pick up one last trunk for packing the last of our things.
We'll meet Audrey at her school for one last school lunch.
Tomorrow we'll spend our last full day in America enjoying family, eating the foods our stomachs will miss, and frantically finishing up the last minute moving and packing.
Tomorrow night we'll spend one last night at my parent's house....probably with me not able to sleep much out of fear that I'll forget the little things. The smell of their home. The feeling of waking up to see my mom's bed hair. The walk to the barn to feed the horses.
Thursday we'll have last hugs and kisses. Last goodbyes to the people we're least excited to say goodbye to.
And then we'll board a plane that afternoon headed to our new home.
But just in case you thought this post was going to be ALL Debbie Downer...rest assured that our hearts are also incredibly excited about all the FIRSTS that wait for us!
The first hug with new friends.
The first local family friend we'll meet. You never forget that first friend!
The first night in our new apartment. (and the first time we get to paint the yellow walls! :)
The first hot pot meal. YUM!
The first (of many) times that Eden will look at something and say, "What's that?!?!"
And the first time she'll say it in Chinese instead of English.
The first time family comes to visit.
Our world is literally about to change. And with the change comes some incredible heartache and many tears, but also some excitement and reassurance about where our family is meant to be!
We praise the Lord for His goodness and provision and that when everything around us will be different, He'll remain the same.
Looking forward to many new firsts!!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Lasts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could go with you. I'll be remembering y'all as you go. Keep us updated. I can honestly say I'd rather be living where you're going than anywhere in the world.
Praying for your last goodbyes and packing, and looking forward to being part of your firsts! May He keep you in His tender care this week. We're praying for you!
Praying for you all as you embark on this incredible adventure God has in store for your family. May God richly bless your ministry and family while you are in the land that we love so much! I pray that you make friends quickly and that you are able to use your home to minister to those around you! Happy Travels! From the Abels.
Safe travels tomorrow! We love y'all and will miss you, but trust God to take care of you and guide your steps.
I like the first one on your list of firsts--hugging new friends! Looking forward to that one! See you at the airport!
this made me cry. in a good way. Yes, He will remain the same...and that's why we can journey to a far off place with our precious babies in tow and know that His provision is best!
looking forward to sharing in this experience with you- via the blogs. :)
Post a Comment