Brandon brought home a surprise for Eden and Salem yesterday while out running errands in Hong Kong. (yes, still here! :)
A SIX dvd set of Dora the Explorer. No lie. Just about every Dora episode in existence, we now own. Kill me now.
So of course, Eden wanted to watch it right away. She watched one episode in English. And then, Brandon switched it to Chinese speaking Dora...because that's what he thought was so fantastic about this 6 dvd set...the fact that Eden can watch Dora AND be learning Chinese!
Well, turns out that Eden wasn't the only one picking up some of the language.
Salem had his own interpretation of what Dora was saying:
update:
We're leaving HK tomorrow! Our time here has been restful. We've recuperated, have got a handle on jetlag now, and we're ready to say goodbye to HK for awhile! We've enjoyed it, and we're super thankful to friends that have been so eager to help us!
Our last leg of our journey to our new home is tomorrow!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Bilingual Salem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love it! I would love to have bilingual DORA. I make Archie study Chinese everyday for about 30 minutes (characters, reading). He hates it but I think it's good for him. The one thing he does like is watching a cartoon called "Big Head Son and Small Head Dad" (大头儿子和小头爸爸)。 You should find it when you get settled. It's classic. I bet your kids would love it, too. - Sounds like some trip, glad you're ok.
Ok that was sooooooo funny~! I loved the chinese lesson!
Love it! Here the bilingual Dora speaks in Bahasa Melayu, then the Spanish stuff like "Estrella!" is English, "STARS!" they say. Too funny. Welcome to Asia Salem!
ADOOOOOOORABLE!!
That is adorable! you should be so proud of your bilingual baby!
That little video of Salem is hysterical. What a ham! :)
Post a Comment