This week Eden has been mastering the art of coloring purple butterflies, writing uppercase B's, matching uppercase letters with lowercase ones, and glue-sticking. "Glewery" as we call it around here.
And by purple butterflies, I mean, purple butterflies.
She insists on coloring things all one color lately: purple.
The purple marker will meet it's death any day now.

While working on her "homework" yesterday, I came across an interesting idea she's got in her head.
Notice her name on the paper?
Yes. Her name.
You know. The part that says "NEED"

I asked her to write her name on her "homework." (by the way...she insists on calling it this because cousin Audrey does homework.)
So she did just that.
She wrote an E, a D, another E, and an N.
I asked her what it said, to which of course she said, "EDEN!" with a little "duh-mom" sound in her voice.
And then I went on a tangent about letters being in the right order, etc, etc, all to which I'm sure she was listening with attentive and open ears.
And then she said in her best 15 year old voice possible, "Mom, it doesn't matter. All four letters are still there. It says EDEN!"
So there you have it. Lessons from a three year old.
You can just call me RIPAL.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
My teacher, the Three Year Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is my approach to speaking another language. As long as all the words I want to say in the sentence are there, does it really matter what order I put them in?
Have you asked Eden what color she wants her room painted in your new apartment?
Emma insists on drawing a line underneath every word she writes probably because I did that when she was just learning her alphabet. Unfortunately it stuck.
Post a Comment