I've never been a very good colorer.
I know that sounds retarded.
But you know how in 6th grade everything is a contest between all your girlfriends? Well I was always the bad colorer.
Plus it's one of those things that kinda bugs me. I don't like how the colors actually leave different colored streaks where it's supposed to be one solid color. I'm weird like that. So, I'd just prefer to steer clear of coloring altogether. It's easier on my psyche that way.
Problem is, I have a three old. Who now apparently is completely in to coloring.
So I went along with it the other day. Got out one of her GIANT princess coloring pages. (that's GIANT piece of paper...not GIANT princess...though that would be funny...)
She went to town on it.

I tried to color with her on it, but she's like her mama and didn't want any help.
So I tore out my own little coloring page and set to work on Elmo. Staying in the lines. Nice, pretty, smooth, mostly streak free Elmo.
I finished my OCD Elmo, and showed Eden.
And then she showed me that I was indeed not finished and promptly helped me complete my artistic masterpiece.

Then she finished her masterpiece once every square inch of that giant piece of paper was covered in waxy crayon residue.

She was so proud of it, she asked to hang it up in her room. She wanted it hung on the back of her door though. weird. but whatever.
So while we were discovering the world of art, we got out some of her other stuff she's done over the past few weeks.
And a brilliant idea hit me.
I should try selling this stuff!!
I mean, if people think Picasso's stuff is worth money:
Well and then there's her inborn watercolor skills...

That clearly could go head to head with Drippy Paint stuff that manages to be labeled as "art."





3 comments:
Ha ha, there's so much crayon on that Ariel picture, you could melt it down and make a candle! ;) That Eden sure is thorough, isn't she?!?
Beautiful, Eden! I'd buy your art, but I'm chalk full of art here myself. :) BTW--Audrey has a picture she drew of Jesus on the cross on the back of her door...maybe the reason Eden wanted it on the back of her door? Soon she'll be asking for one of those mondo French memo boards (did you know I'm a pro at those now?) heehee!
She's not Georgia O'Keefe yet... but I'd buy an Eden before I'd buy a Picasso. :)
Post a Comment