Sunday, December 09, 2007

Achievements, Annoyances, & The Cutest Hat Ever

Eden has figured out how to prop herself up on her arms now when she's on her belly! And she's so proud of herself when she does it. This past wednesday she was no where close to even doing it...I thought. She would just lay there all relaxed and bored with belly time. And then Thursday we rolled her over on her belly and WahLah! She figured it out. She's brilliant I tell ya.
So that's the achievement for the week.

Here's the annoyance segment of the post:
Lately when we take Eden out to go shopping people always stop and ask me how old she is. So I tell them she's two months old. Their reply: "No. No. She's at least 4 months."
What do I say to that? I don't know. But here's what I'm tempted to say:
"Oh shoot. You know what? You're right. I must have gotten that day where I labored for 17 hours straight in the worst pain of my life and pushed a child out of my body confused with another day."
But alas. I don't know how to say all of that in Chinese. Which is probably good. Cuz then I'd probably say it.

And Ladies and Gentlemen.....let the suspense build........
Presenting Eden and The Cutest Hat Ever!



She was so proud of herself sitting in the big chair and modeling her new outfit. Thanks to the A6-Pack for outfitting our little girl with some adorable stuff!


And then she slept.... And no, we didn't leave her there hanging off of the chair to sleep. I took her out of the carrier and she was still so exhausted she just chilled wherever I put her. So I did what any mother would do. Took a picture.

3 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Ok, yay for Eden on her elbows! But I sat here and got all nostalgic/mother/weepy on Anthony by saying I don't want Isaac to get big and grow up...ever. Then he reminded me that he hasn't been born yet, and I had to concede the point.

2nd. Yes. It's probably good that you don't know how to say that. If you ever learn, please make sure Brandon is ready with the video camera.

3rd. That is a pretty cute hat...although the cute baby girl wearing it takes it from "cute" to "cutest hat ever." Definitely a distinction between the two.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

WOW! Go Eden Go! That's quite a cute achievement!
THat's so funny about the month thing - haha! I agree, what on earth do you say to that :) haha!
That is a stinkin' cute hat!!! ADORABLE! She looks so cute in it! Her eyes are so big and cute!!! I love it!

Corey and Jenni said...

Eden is the cutest baby ever. Her little face is soooo sweet! Her eyes are just so bright and blue! What a precious little girl!! I love her in her "little" hat!