Friday, December 14, 2007

Dr. Whut?!

Brandon spent the last four days in a nearby city with an insanely awesome import store. We love this place...and the lady there LOVES us! We blow way too much cash each time we visit that store...which is really only about once every couple months. (that's how we justify it!) :)
Anyways...since Brandon went to said city by himself he also got to visit the import store by himself. HUGE mistake on my part. Self-control is one of those virtues he exhibits very little of when entering a grocery store containing brands like Betty Crocker, Kelloggs, General Mills, and of course (and the point of this post) the world's best soft drink.



Take a gander at the number on the right hand corner of the box. Yes. Count em folks. 36.
36 Dr. Peppers.
36 Cans of Goodness.
36 Mouth watering carbonated beverages.
If he'd brought home 36 of anything else I'd have been crazy upset. But his lack of self-control when it comes to Dr. Pepper is something I appreciate. I have no qualms with clearing out shelf space for 36 cans of that good ole Plano, TX creation.
We have every intention of rationing them as well. We have to spread out our indulgences a little. So I'll add it up for you.
If we only drink them on special occasions, hard days, celebrations, holidays, "I hate this language" days, and of course Sundays, then they should last us until about mid-January. And that's not including those days where we just see it on the shelf and can't resist. ehh...maybe end of December is more like it!
hmmmm speaking of...I think I'm a little parched...

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

NO WAY!!!! That ROCKS! I'm sooo jealous and craving a Dr. P right now!! That's awesome!!!! Whoo hoo!!

Anonymous said...

WHERE OH WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!? We've been buying them by the can when we go to BJ. A case like that is WAY better!!!