This may not actually be post-worthy, but we thought it was kinda funny and typical Chinese.
Yesterday we had a guy come over to work on our internet. It's been working off and on so we thought we'd have them look into it. Well, (April) trying to be the best Chinese hostess that I can be, offer the guy some bing shui (cold water). He looks at me, smiles, says thank you then practically turns the cup over on himself trying to down it all in one gulp. He totally got water all over the floor, himself, and the furniture close by. Brandon and I chuckle quietly just thinking, of course that would happen, I mean, it wouldn't make sense to just sip on it. So he finishes, hands the cup to Brandon and I'm thinking, next thing he's gonna do is go off in Chinese (knowing still that we can't understand him) and say something along the lines of, "Oh I'm so sorry, I got water everywhere, My bad, I'm such a fool, Don't blame me I'm just Chinese." But he simply bows to us, says goodbye, and walks out the door.
Monday, August 14, 2006
Oh, did I spill some water?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
hey friends! i like reading your blog and remembering that crazy things don't just happen in my new country! how funny.... i mean, some things it's gonna take a long time to understand... but that makes our lives and blogs even more entertaining! hope yall are doing well!
nice....real nice.
That's funny...gotta love Aseans! I had a woman tell Anthony yesterday that he's lucky he married me because she would offer 30,000RM to buy me as a bride for her son (Anthony wasn't the only one who was glad we are already married!) OH, and not sure if our trolleys are magnitized yet...we have no home, so have no use of buying a lot of stuff yet:) Keep the updates coming.
Hey, did you guys ever see the Seinfeld where Poppi comes to Jerry's apartment and sits on the couch and then after he leaves they notice a big wet spot on the cushion. Priceless! Anyway, good luck with your bing shui cleanup (we use wet wipes on Cayden, FYI). And in reference to the dog picture in your old post (I so missed it!), there were like two cats in Mexico when we went. Lots of dogs, but no cats...
I did that once. The people who gave it to me looked at me and thought, "Oh, don't mind her. She's just being American."
hey ya'll!
i just got your blog address. ya'll r hilarious!! i mean i definately think the cold water thing is post worthy--made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment