After my semi-rant/pity part blog post the other day where I mentioned that Christmas means there should be snow on the ground, we got three inches of snow the following day! That's definitely rare for our city!
Two days prior, our former tutor gave the kids small toy snow shovels for Christmas. I scoffed at the idea of them being able to ever use them in our city! Joke's on me!
As soon as the kids opened their curtains they ran in to find us and announced that they were going to go put their snow pants on, get their shovels, and get ready to go out and play...at 6:30 a.m. I suggested we at least eat breakfast first!
We were dressed and out the door by 8:30 a.m.
My three children handle snow very differently.
The Littlest One apparently isn't very impressed. He was either too weirded out by all the white, too cold to care, or too bundled up to be able to move. Either way, he wasn't digging our play time in the snow!

Every time I set him down in the snow, he'd scream and his feet wouldn't leave their spot.

The Middle, his approach was the opposite. He chose to become one with the snow.

Almost every time I saw him, he was making another snow angel.


The only time he seemed a little less enthusiastic about the frozen flakes, was when his daddy pelted him in the face with a snowball.

But it didn't take long for him to be thrilled about it all again.

And then there's The Oldest.
As soon as we were out the door, she set out on an adventure.

To find what, I don't know, but she was putting that shovel to use.

And her daddy taught her a thing or two about making proper snowballs...of which she later put to good use on innocents passersby.

A beautiful little snow bunny!

She also attempted a few snow angels, but was less enthusiastic about being in such close contact with the frozen stuff!

We found a few neighbors attempting a snow man...

So we combined our efforts....well, no, once we started helping, they just enjoyed watching. :)

The outcome was a midget snowman, with carrot nose and all!


Snow! Such a fun surprise! A white Christmas to fill up our hearts with fun memories!

Monday, December 24, 2012
A White Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Yay for snow! When we lived up north and it snowed, our kids would automatically ask, "Is this real snow or government-made snow?" Gotta love that. Looks like you guys had a blast!
This made me laugh. Also, you're a terrible mom. There are dinosaur-unicorn snow jackets out there and your kids didn't get one? Boo.
Merry Christmas!
All of these photos are Awesome! You guys are so much fun!
I'm so jealous!! And that looks like a fairly good snow, too.
I'm glad y'all got it!!
It snowed once more since you've been gone. But it's mostly gone now. We read Ezra Jack Keats' "Snowy Day" today and went out to collect snow like Peter did in the book. Now it's waiting in cups so we can see what happens to it. (Don't tell my kids but the answer is that it will melt.)
Missing you!
That upside down picture of Salem is priceless! I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment