Everyone loves a picture of a peaceful sleeping baby, right?

What you don't see in this picture is the minutes leading up to this moment. Minutes, as in about 52 of them. 52 minutes of inconsolable screaming.
Look closer.
Yep. See those four pacifiers? Four different kinds of pacifiers.
All to no avail. The boy just won't have any part of them.
It's a good thing I don't live in America because otherwise, last night at 2 am I would have fled to the closest Wal-Mart and bought every single pacifier in stock...just to see if he'd fancy anything at all.
He doesn't.
And he probably won't. Which makes my sleepy eyes a little more droopy just thinking such thoughts.
This is uncharted territory for me...a baby that won't take a NUK.
But he makes up for it during the day.
Because when 7 a.m. rolls around and he wakes me up with coos, smiles, and flashing his dimple, I forget about all the hours of lost sleep.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Who Needs Sleep?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Too cute Mama! I've had 2...one that took a pacifier, one that did. The one that didn't was frustrating for the first year, the one that did was frustrating after his first year (when we took it away from him). But now at 2 and 3, they're both perfectly adjusted and normal and can sleep at night AND during the day with no help.
But dude...I feel you as you talk about sleepless SCREAMING filled nights as he channels his inner-Isaac. :) You'll make it.
And please take more picture of his dimple. Thanks!
Sorry. We had one of those days yesterday. Full moon perhaps? Ugh. After a week of me starting to think I didn't even have an inch of fuss left in this baby. She wouldn't take a pacifier until about 2 months and I had to rub beside her eye and forhead and cheek forever and finally, "Suck!" in it went. Now I almost regret it. Except when she is screaming and quits. :)
But ain't he just a doll? ;) Ah enjoy those coos.
I feel your pain. It's just a phase!! Noah's screaming inconsolably stage only lasted 2 weeks. I hope yours is even shorter!!
Love this! I cannot imagine what one would do with a baby that did not want a sucker. At least he is stinkin' cute! :)
Post a Comment