Well, we've done it. We've made the jump into electric transportation.
I know. I know. All you Ford 150 Texas Edition people are totally hating on us right now.
And believe me. I get it.
In all of my driving years I've owned three cars.
(I'm using owned loosely...as I didn't purchase a single one with my own money. But lets not get nit picky here...)
And all three of those were trucks.
They ran the gamut. Chevy. Ford. Toyota. All using more gas than should be spoken of.
But then we traded in our gas guzzler for a society that depends on the bicycle.
The past several months our mode of transportation has been taxis. Occasionally buses. And we have a bike that we've shared. And until recently, that's been sufficient.
But then we found out that Eden's preschool is moving to a different location. Which gave us reason to think about finding a quicker mode of transportation. Quicker than a bike. Quicker than walking a couple blocks away to flag a taxi. Quicker than a bus that makes 7 stops between here and there.
Enter: The Electric Bicycle.
Well. okay. This one is actually our house helper's. Which is a good thing as it's pink, has flowers all over it, and has flower "pedals." No lie.
But we rode it today to the bike street. You know how in America all the car dealerships seem to crowd right next to each other, creating miles of cars on display?
It's the same thing here. Only it's bikes. The normal kind. The three wheeled kind. The electric kind. The scooter kind. you get my drift...
So our tutor rode our bike and went with us to help work through any details that might cause any trouble. He rode our bike because he doesn't have one. He doesn't have one because he's a scaredy cat. He's a scaredy cat because Chinese traffic is nutso.
(ok...scratch that last sentence mom and dad. You never read of such nonsense.)
So we arrived at the bike market.
Brandon picked out a black one. Any surprise there? ummmmm, no.
Kudos to him though for picking out the one with the safest kid's seat. I mean, it's no Britax Roundabout car seat strapped on the back and passing all DPS child restraint laws... but I don't think they can fall out of it at least. :)
It's got a removable battery that'll plug right into our wall when it's low. It came with protective knee gear (but no helmet...does anyone else find that strange?!) And it's got pedals just in case the battery goes dead while you're out. But good googly if I have to pedal this thing with a kiddo on the back, I'm in a world of trouble.
So we're green now. We're saving the ozone layer one bike at a time.
And if anyone wants to come and visit us I'll let you take it for a spin. We can ride it together and make Dumb & Dumber jokes all day long.


5 comments:
Ok, I really wanted one of these while we were there...considered it several, several times. Be careful navigating the streets! Have fun! And try and fit all four of you on it at one time! ;)
Oh no, Eden's YRY is moving??? Too bad...but at least you're getting a bike out of the deal, right? Fun times! Have you figured out yet if you can get the whole family on it? just kidding, that might be a bit of a stretch.
Great pics, though! Welcome to the biker's world!
Dude that is SNAZZY!!!! I saw a bright pink metallic glitter helmet a couple days ago at the Harley Davidson store that would cap that bad boy off something NICE!! Bring on the traffic!
I CANNOT wait to hear about the adventures that will be had on this little darling!!
No Pee Wee Herman jokes yet? What?
When you start rolling a giant rubber band ball/aluminum foil ball out of your closet while laughing like a freak I am staging an intervention.
But I seriously love it. :)
I wanna ride!!!
Post a Comment