Wednesday, February 03, 2010

No News is Good News...err....

No REAL exciting news to blog about, but still, some good stuff is going on.


- Salem drank from a bottle for the first time yesterday. He's been a no-bottle type man, but lately has been showing more interest...so we tried it. Hooray for some freedom for mama!

- We've started our February challenge. Already I feel like we're eating healthier. Really, how often do you ever eat a veggie when eating out?! mmmm, I'm buying broccoli by the bucketload and steaming it with just a touch of butter.

- We got about 5-6 inches of snow this past weekend (pictures to come) and schools closed Mon-Wed...even though today it was 50 degrees and the snow was here more in the form of running streams than snow drifts. AND even though roads are all cleared and the forecast is predicting sunny weather...schools are doing a delay start in the morning. Odd, I tell you, odd. But then again, SUVs are the minority here.

- Yesterday Eden locked me out of the house while only she and Salem were inside. mmmm,hmmm. Well, maybe it was kinda my fault, or at least stupid of me. Before loading the kids in the car, I decided to start the truck and get the heater going so I took the truck key off of my keychain so I could still lock the apt door when we left. So...out I go to the truck and when I returned, the apartment door was locked. I took a minute to yell to Eden through the door to turn the lock back. Then, panic-stricken, ran down to our neighbors for help. By the time I returned, 2-3 minutes later, she'd figured it out and unlocked the door. whew! She was about as freaked out as I was when I got inside!

- Over the past week, we've been thoroughly seeking the Lord's guidance concerning our exact location when we head back overseas. We've got two possibilities that are incredible and it would be awesome to work in either position, but we're leaning toward one that would take us back to the area in The Big Chicken where we were almost 2 years ago. It would be a different type of work and would require a little bit different preparation, but we can see God's hand guiding us toward this area/work beginning even 2 years ago. We're looking forward to finalizing it all and having a clear idea of where He's going to take our family in Jan. 2011!


2 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

YAY Salem took a bottle! You need to celebrate!!! I am glad that you will get a break now!
Rachel Rainer

Jackson4 said...

That's funny about the school cancellation. We used up our snow days last week, so apparently even though we got an extra 6 inches last night, they can't even delay school here (well, Ama. and Canyon were the only ones that didn't delay, the weirdos).
Super duper scary about being locked out. I'm sure, though, in true April fashion that you handled it way better than I could have!