I'm surrounded by craftiness.
Maybe its the Stay At Home Mom factor that is so prevalent among seminary students.
Maybe it's the close-knit community of seminary housing.
Whatever it is, I'm so grateful for amazing friends with amazing talents.
So recently, I decided to take advantage of that talent!
I've been wanting a cutesy bow holder for Eden for over a year now but I couldn't find one I liked enough or I'd find one that was awesome but they wanted me to pay my first born for it. So, I set out to make my own...or at least recruit someone to help me.
Enter: Genny.
Genny is nice. Genny is a perfectionist. Genny can paint. Genny can paint really REALLY well.
So I recruited Genny to help me do this:
She painted the canvas and did SUCH a great job. It's exactly as I was hoping it would turn out. I mean, you can't really tell from just a bow holder, but her painting skills are AMAZING. In turn, she let me take her family's pictures! Fun times!
And then, all I did was hot glue some ribbon to the canvas and called it good! :)
And then add to that our sweet friend, Jeannie, who is crafty as all get out. She's made a good number of Eden's little cute clippies and bows and is THE go-to woman for all your crafting needs. She's Queen of all things crafty!
Final product:
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Harnessing that Crafty Energy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so cute! I wonder if I can get the canvas pieces here....hmmm. Not that I can paint. If you're wanting to be crafty still, Sara Franklin just recently posted about making your own Christmas bows. http://jacobandsara.blogspot.com Less permanent craftiness but still cute and fun for the holidays!
Is it sad that my train of thought when seeing this was...
1- Ooh, cute!
2- I want one.
3- I need a girl so I can have one.
4- I mean IIIIIII haven't actually been pregnant in a while, so what if I've got a 3 month old?
5. Nah, Anthony would never go for it.
6. Maybe we could just adopt a girl?
7. Yes, I will adopt a girl. It's the only sure-fire way of getting a bow thingy.
i love it! but i always wonder how people get perfect circles when they paint on canvas? i am NEVER able to do it...
Post a Comment