Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana?!

Am I the only one that remembers that joke from 4th grade?
...
ok, maybe so.

Eden had an orange for lunch. Well, she ate more than just an orange, but the orange concluded her lunch. When we asked her what it smelled like..."apple!" And when we asked her what it tasted like..."goldfish!"
hmmmm, not sure about that one.

But then she got a bit carred away.
Scarfed down her last slice.
and panick hit me as she began gagging and turning red.

I screamed down the hall for Brandon as my heimlich maneuvre skills came rushing back.

First and hopefully last time I have to perform the heimlich on any of my children.

And then the wretched, slimy orange slice came coughing up.
I was shaking. Angry at the stupid orange. Crying at the thought of what might have been. (I know. ridiculous. ...I always think the worst.)

And then Eden brought me back down to earth... "Mama. I don't like that orange."
Me neither Eden. Me neither.

She may never eat an orange ever again.

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

OKay... When I was five my mom gave me one of those strawberry hard candies.. You know, the ones that have the green "top" of twisted paper? I began to choke. My mom slammed on the brakes and began slapping my back. Ultimately it came shooting out.

Hence my irrational fear of hard candy.

So... Farewell oranges?

The Porters said...

Oh no! I think that's every mother's worst fear! I think I get a little carried away when cutting up foods for Bryson and Ashlyn, but I can't help it! I'm so glad she was okay!!