LOVE this Fall Weather lately!
Leaves are changing.
The weather is nice and cool.
Pumpkin smells good.
and
the sun comes up later in the morning! :)
We got to go to the state fair last weekend. It was Eden and Salem's first fair. Oh yeah, and mine too. :) Brandon says I was sheltered as a child.
Sheltered from what you ask?
Funnel cakes. Hand dipped corn dogs. Fried oreos.
hmmmm. not sure about that one.
But, regardless of how we may have clogged our arteries during the Fair outing, we had fun.
Eden loved her first funnel cake. Brandon worked hard to locate the booth that he felt had the best corn dogs. We pet chicks, rode a carousel, and enjoyed all the free stuff. Well, except we paid way too much money for a coke that we *thought* would have free refills. oops.


and then we were exhausted.
Eden did awesome though, as it was her first outing as a potty trained toddler. Yes, that's correct people. She's all grown up. She still has her accidents, and thinks it's pretty cool to occasionally try flushing other objects down the toilet. But we're getting there. If you're seeking any advice in this area, let me give you some. Pull-ups are not your friend. *except for maybe at night time* But during the day, don't let your kiddo wear a pull-up. It's just a glorified diaper.
ok. I'm done.
So we're gearing up for our first Halloween with kids in costumes. Last year we kind of forgot about the costume idea, but this year we're prepared. Here's a sneak peek...

Eden did her first "Trunk or Treat" at our YMCA where Uncle Kevin works. She was a little thrown off by his disco costume, but he looked cool regardless of how he freaked out the little kids.

More to come on Halloween...aka Reformation Day!



6 comments:
april, I think you are lovely! I'm so glad there are pictures on your blog of you!
brandon, I think you look scruffy and rugged. It's nice.
eden and salem, come home with me. you are too cute and I will feed you fried oreos every day. I promise.
I miss your fam!
I love the county fair! Too fun!
The black and white of Eden with her painted whiskers should be entered in a contest. It is incredible!
mom
What a great idea! Magnets and Patches are unfortunately not sold in the neatest destinations.. Say.. Africa.. Morocco etc... So i have no "collectible" from there! Money.. I should have done money!
Very cute! Nice hair Kevin!
Wow first fair huh? At Disney world they have funnel cakes in the shape of mickey mouse ears. Can only find them at one little shoppe...(that's right it's got another p and an e)...
I'm with you on the all or nothing thing. I've never understood pull-ups. When you move Eden to her big girl bed, DO NOT stop (her at the door with a gate) DO NOT collect $200 (or accept it if she offers it just to walk out of the room or play with her toys for 5 more minutes)...take her directly to the bed.
I will be asking you for your potty training advice.
And that pic of you and the chick is way pretty!
Post a Comment