We didn't really ask Eden what kind of birthday party she wanted...we weren't real sure she'd understand. But with her Elmo obsession over the past few months, we figured we couldn't go wrong with all kinds of Elmo stuff.
So Elmo stuff it was.
Elmo invites.
Elmo balloons.
Elmo cupcakes, forks and spoons.
Elmo balloons.
Elmo cupcakes, forks and spoons.
Well, except for the forks and spoons part. it rhymed. :)
But we did have Elmo cupcakes. I wracked my brain over how to make these. And I came up with a great idea...let someone else make them. :)
I wish I had gotten a picture of her as soon as she saw the cupcakes. priceless. It made all the party planning VERY worth while. I wish I could say that I made em, but alas...I'm not that talented when it comes to icing!! :)
Brandon thought he needed to try one before the party got started!
Granddad chilled with Salem while we set up, and you can truly see the excitement on Salem's face! He was a little less than thrilled about being woken up from his nap!
Sweet Selah really enjoyed the cupcakes too!
We had visitors even from Alaska! ... well, ok not really. My cousin and his beautiful wife just moved here from Alaska so he could attend NC State's Architectural School. We're thrilled about being close to them again!!
We had a lot of fun and ended up with over a dozen Elmo cupcakes left! woohoo!!! You can never have too many Elmo cupcakes. Trust me.
And thank you to Eden's sweet friends that came! She had a great day and still talks about wanting to see you all at another Elmo party!


6 comments:
Those cupcakes look as good on the blog as the day we ate them!! yummm! great party :)
g mom
Looks like you all had a great time! And those cupcakes are too cute!!!
Hey didn't think it would hurt if I inquired to see if there happen to be at least one of those cutie cupcakes left for your sweet tooth friend...surely you didn't eat all of them, did you?!!!
Love that sweet Elmo birthday girl!
Those Elmo cupcakes are AWESOME!!! I wish I could make some of those for Aashini's 2nd b-day! She would love that!! How fun!! Looks like a fun birthday!!
I'm glad you had a good birthday Eden!! I'm sorry that Bryson's strep throat kept us from going, but the cupcakes you brought us were gone in about 5 minutes! :)
Wish we could have been there! Looks like tons of fun!
Post a Comment