Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Little Cup is Two!



Two years ago today, on the opposite side of the planet, our sweet baby girl was born!
I could spend blog eternity going on and on about how awesome Eden is and how I can't believe how much she's changed, but I'll just post pictures instead! :)





When Eden was born, we joked that she heard more Thai being spoken in those first few days than English. Thai has such a sing-song-y sound to it that she seemed to find it really soothing. The nursery workers could put her right to sleep! And because she seemed to like them and her pediatrician so much, we started calling her "Little Cup" because she'd hear "khup" so much while they'd be speaking (part of their language...not real sure what it means...different for guys than for girls...blah blah blah...I don't really understand it all). Anyhow, it stuck. :)

And now she's two!



More pictures of her birthday-day to come. Elmo themed b-day party is scheduled for Saturday! More to come on that "two!"

Speaking of two...
Since you've obviously all been adding things up in your head, may I introduce to you blog post #200!! And what a great day for it to fall on!
Some of our favorites since day one, post one:
Eden's Birth
Salem's Birth
A Tale of DouFu
Our Arrival in Chiner
Split-Pantology
Same,Same, But Different
Poopy Sleeve (this one has drawn recent interest! :)
Contagious Laughter
The Infamous Egg Line - a video MUST SEE!
Randomness
and just because I HAVE to keep trying...Argentina

If you had 3 hours you might realize the recurring theme is that most of them are from when we were in Chiner, The Big Chicken, Zhongguo...(take your pick) Maybe I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

Happy TWO to Eden!
And happy 200 to our blog!

6 comments:

Jackson4 said...

Happy Birthday to Eden!! I hope she's feeling better and had a super day. I wish we could be there for her Elmo party...we hope it's a blast. Tell her we love her and miss her!

e&k said...

aww i love this post! happy birthday eden! have tons of fun with Elmo!

Damon and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Eden! We love you!

The Reeds said...

I'm telling ya- if I lived in Arg. I would SO visit your blog...

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Happy Birthday, Eden! Wow! We saw you in the hospital and only once since. Maybe next summer you and Archie can play together again as big two and a half year olds! You're special! We love you!

Merissa said...

Happy Birthday Eden!