Salem's room is finally finished and just waiting for his arrival! I think it's both mine and Eden's favorite room in the apt. :) Makes me wish I'd done a girly jungle theme for Eden because she loves (L.O.V.E.S.) the monkeys and elephants on the wall!
Decorating a baby's room in America is soooooo much easier than China, because well, America has decorations and China doesn't...well, nothing that doesn't have Hello Kitty or Snoopy on it.
So Jungle theme it is. And I had fun. :) It's no page out of the pottery barn catalog or anything, but we like it, we kept it affordable, and it's simple. We like simplicity.
I painted his letters on the wall. Michael's was my best friend throughout this process. And thank you Jordan for the shelves idea for his little jungle friends! (notice eden in the pic...I think she was confused as to why I wasn't pointing the camera directly at her). The chair in the corner is an IKEA Poang chair...seriously one of our best purchases ever. After buying one in Beijing for Eden's room in China (and having to leave it there), we passed an IKEA on the way back from South Carolina a couple months ago and knew it was destiny.

Curtains are another made by me project. It's just ribbon glued on a beige curtain we already had. Curtains are kinda pricey it turns out...so this was cheap. :) Look at his cute little blue and green diapers just waiting on his tiny butt! The Papasan swing was an awesome craigslist score from his Granddad. Brandon had to get over his fear of the craigslist killer in order for us to go pick it up. And the oh so fantastic changing table was made by cousin Evan. It's ginormous (translation...perfect for cloth diapers!), the perfect height, and fits right into our keeping it simple mindset. And since it is so big it's got tons of room for all the diapers it takes to diaper 2 kiddos at one time. (did we really think this through?)
Seriously...just a few more weeks until there's a baby in that bed.
Did I mention that Eden loves his room? She likes to kiss the animals on the quilt. (??)
I really meant to include a belly pic of me in this post...but I'm lazy and that usually requires someone else behind the camera. But we have plans this week for going out and taking some family pics and some belly pics. So hopefully that will come soon. If not, I may have to reenact in a few weeks with a pillow.





4 comments:
I love the jungle theme. We went with jungle/nature/organic for Bella's room so i'm digging your decor! Plus, we're bumgenius buddies so great minds think alike! HOw many do ya'll have for Eden? Did you use any other brand?
I'm loving his sweet nursery! You did a great job and so creative! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers! :)
You are so creative! Love the room! I was kind of jealous when I saw on your baby counter how close you are to delivery, HAHA! (I still have TWO MONTHS!) Congrats! You're ahead of the game. I still have to order some pink BG diapers for Grace and prepare everything else we'll need for welcoming a girl!
LOVE IT!!! It looks so much like Cayden's nursery did!
Post a Comment