Thursday, April 09, 2009

South Carolina

There's a first time for everything. And this weekend was the first time we've been to South Carolina! It was a very learning experience for us. Turns out, all those palm trees and crescent moons we see all over cars, doors, flags and stuff around here isn't just about people proclaiming a Muslim identity, but about showing South Carolinian pride. hmmm who knew?!?!

We got to stay with Mark & Kandy and we had such a blast that we may make it a more regular vacation spot! They live not far from Greenville, which I must say is one of THE coolest little cities around. If you are ever in South Carolina, and really the state isn't that big, you've gotta stop through Greenville and check out the downtown area. SOOO neat. Unfortunately (maybe fortunately for you, dear blog reader) I forgot my camera on our visit to said downtown area, BUT I did remember it for our trip to the Greenville Zoo!!
The highlight of the trip for Eden was of course the elephants. She LOVED Joy the elephant and wouldn't stop making her elephant noise the entire time we visited Joy. She made fast friends with Uncle Mark since he'd hold her up on the railing to see the elephants.
Another pose with some lions. :)

Then it was KiKi's turn to hold her for the monkeys. And of course Eden wanted to hold the monkeys.

Another favorite for us all were the giraffes. They were incredible! We all agreed that giraffes must have been created during that hour where God was feeling especially creative.

Eden was more excited about the lion water fountain than several of the exhibits.
And then we found a very awesome playground that we could have easily spent several hours at. I seriously wish more towns would invest in public attractions such as the parks and downtown area that Greenville had. Seriously worth a visit, especially if you've got kids!

Then we headed back to Mark and Kandy's to meet up with some more friends from East Asia! At which point Kandy dug out all sorts of "activities!" to entertain the little ones. 
What is more fun than water in a bucket?

Poor Isaac. Eden had it in for him the moment he arrived.

More to come on our time in SC in future posts! :)

Thanks Mark & Kandy for a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Megan Barley said...

yeah for South Carolina! So, I feel like I should apologize for the confusion that this whole time I have been declaring my South Carolina pride with my palmetto and crescent moon sticker on my car and you thought I was a Muslim at heart!! : ) I'm glad you like Greenville so much!!