I know, two posts in one day. I'm so awesome. :) (Be sure and check below for even more pics of Eden!)
I don't often use our blog for rants, raves, or pity parties... but today I just couldn't help myself.
A sweet friend forwarded us some pictures that were taken a couple of years ago and I cried as I looked through them! (sheeesh! thanks Ames!) Maybe it's because I miss all of our amazing FPO friends who are no longer on the same continent. Maybe it's these crazy pregnancy hormones. Maybe it's because I miss that time in our life where we were surrounded by such like-minded people.
It's probably a mixture of all three.
Brandon and I have been talking a lot lately about what we're "missing out on" by no longer living in the Big Chicken. We've been back in the states for 9 months now and you'd think that the newness of being all-american again would wear off and that we'd have acclimated back to living in the states by now. Fact is, I'm not sure we ever will. Honestly, I'm not sure we want to. There are a thousand reasons that we enjoy living in the states for now (see post below...parents are 1,200 miles away instead of 12,000!) And we love being at SEBTS. Brandon has been reminded recently that this time in his life is a training period for what is to come. And we plan on fully taking advantage of that.
But we can't help but think back to the past and what we feel like we're missing.
February was the month that all of our sweet friends got to play together on the beach in Thailand, and we, being the pathetic and jealous losers that we are, frantically searched their facebooks and blogs for pictures and stories of the exciting time that we knew they were enjoying. We missed it! And we missed seeing them!
So while we feel like we can't help but wallow in self-pity now, we're also doing our very best at soaking up the short time that we have in America to become equipped for the future in East Asia. While very much American, our hearts are still very much Asian...or at least long for that time again.
And sweet FPO friends, know that we love you, miss you, and are so excited about what God is doing among you! (and of course, know that we're painfully jealous of where you are :)
That pic is two years ago (pre-Eden...actually maybe I was 10 weeks preggo) in South Thailand practicing the Thai "Wai"


No comments:
Post a Comment