We're not really Halloween people. We'd totally be cool with the idea of the "holiday" completely being wiped off the planet. Remember last year when we were thrilled to discover that Chinese people don't celebrate Halloween. yeah, that was awesome.
However, this year we find ourselves surrounded by halloweenies. I've never seen so many people get into this crazy day. Houses up the street have those giant inflatable frankenstein's. 4 of them. I'm not kidding. In one lawn.
So it shouldn't surprise you that we don't do anything to celebrate. BUT, yesterday we were invited to a local church's Harvest festival thing. It was so much fun! Free admission. Free food. Fun toys for Eden. Fun toys for Brandon. Cotton candy for me. All in all...it was great!
Eden didn't quite understand the giant inflatable thingys. That is, until other kids got in there with her and then she was thrilled to run around knocking other kids down. That's my girl.
She LOVED all the cool toys!
And Brandon loved this toy
They had a little area set up for family pictures. Ahhh....how cute.

They had a little area set up for family pictures. Ahhh....how cute.
So it shouldn't surprise you that since we're not very into Halloween, we're also not very into Halloween costumes. It didn't even cross my mind this year to find a costume for Eden. I'm hoping she'll be one of those kids that thinks she's too cool for costumes. Is that bad?
Anyways, after discovering she was literally one of THE ONLY kids at the Harvest Thingy not in a costume, I officially felt like a failure of a parent. Well, ok, not that bad. But maybe I felt like I wasn't doing my duty of making sure she's raised with all the official rights of passage. So today while rummaging through her trunk of grow-into clothes for a winter coat (it was sooo cold today!!) I came across something that could possibly pass as this year's Halloween costume:
Ignoring the bright pink hat that clashes with her "Halloween Costume," all in all...I think it works! :) It was a gift to her from one of our sweet friends in the Big Chicken and I'm so glad she had a good excuse to wear it today! It was a little tight in her hind end area because it's actually meant to be "split" (ie...the split pant theory...you can ask me later if you're a little behind on the blog).
So this year for Halloween, Eden is dressing up like one of her long lost BFFs in China.




7 comments:
haha! Awsome! I was going to ask if they were split pants :) haha! Awesome! She looks adorable!
The Festival sounds like so much fun! I wish I could take Archie - clad in his pumpkin suit, of course! The family pic set is nice, but your pics are better!
Ooh, sorry to not be more concise in my comments but your Big Chicken BFF (HAHA) has a thought on the tight pants! Split them (since I don't think you're using them for anything other than laughs) and let her wear her diaper under them! We see that a lot when the weather gets really cold here. I think it would be pretty funny for some real Oct. 31 fun.
Hey Guys. Glad you had a good time at the Harvest Festival. Our church also had a Harvest Festival this weekend. I really liked the Family picture area that they had for you guys, that is a great idea we might use next year!
Eden is really getting big and looks great in her Chinese outfit.
Awe, Eden is too cute! Did she eat any candy? We don't do much Halloween celebrating either but we do always go to our church's Fall Festival! And, last year was the first year I actually bought my boys costumes (they were 75% off at the Disney Store after Halloween). We borrowed costumes the other 6 years before that!
I love it!!! Eden doesn't need a costume, she is always dressed up as a little angel!!!Glad y'all had fun, we must have missed y'all amongst the big crowd of people!
Hey ya'll, Everyone looks so great and cheery! We miss you and hope that we can catch up when we get back to the states.
Post a Comment