Sunday, May 11, 2008

7 1/2 Months!

Eden's 7 month mark totally passed me by. We've gotten a little carried away with packing, enjoying the warm weather, & a new found love for a local restaurant and have been pretty slack in the blogging department! Sorry! So, here's a 7 and a half month post for Eden.
She spends most of her time in knee pads or baby legs...because well, she's an unstoppable crawler!

And just this week she's started pulling up on all of our furniture, which makes our job a little harder. She's had her first of many bumps in the head...which is a little aggravating for me, coming from carpeted homes in America and now living in a ceramic tiled apartment.


And of course she still loves getting out and meeting new people. I'm wondering if she'll be confused by the lack of Chinese people when we go back to America. Or if she'll wonder why people don't stop and stare at her in grocery stores or take pictures of her with their cell phones. She might go through a little culture shock of her own! :)


I'm super thrilled she's crawling already, though. It occupies her really well. And she thinks it's exciting having lots of suitcases sitting around everywhere as her own personal obstacle course. But I'm going biserk just thinking about trying to keep her occupied on an eleven hour plane ride in just over a week!

4 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

wow! I can't believe she's crawling! Weren't we in Thailand just like last month?

I also can't believe you're going back in a week! We're excited for everything thats happening with yall, but still...Asia will feel different without you here!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

how fun! That's awesome that she's crawling! How cute!! I love the knee pads :) They sell those here too - we'll probaby have to get some too - marble floors are probably bad on the knees :) I bet that flight will be fun :) Aashini will be 8.5 months when we go to the states... I think it will be pretty crazy!

heathernafrica said...

It is so crazy that you've finished your 2 years already!

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

I love the pic of her in the front carrier. It must be warmer there than where we are! How's the weather in Texas? Have a great last 8 days!!! Will your next blog be from the States?