Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Recap Part 2

On with the story (read previous post to catch up)...


We attended meetings for about 2 weeks with some of our favorite people in the whole world. It was an incredible time of renewal and refocusing for our remaining 3 months in China. (sheeesh! I can't believe it's gone so fast!) Eden was held by all of her adopted Aunts and Uncles and she loved each and every one of them! Before we left China, she showed signs of reluctance to tolerate even being looked at by anyone other than me and Brandon. But thankfully she got over that quickly! It was so neat to see her interact with people there because that's something she's done little of so far in China...it's just been way too cold to get out and we've had few people over since she's been born. But we got to see a whole new side of her personality...and trust me, she's such a people person!
I could post a million photos of her in the arms of people that love her so much...but, I guess I'll refrain for now. :)
Eden got to experience several new things...the swimming pool, the Andaman Ocean, and finally new English books to play with...told you she was brilliant!


We also had to endure ANOTHER shot day while we were there! Since Eden had gotten hers a few days before, she was safe from the doctors on the prowl there at our meetings! But Brandon and I weren't. Brandon got four updates on his immunizations and I got three. And if you know me at all...you might can guess what happened next. Yeah, I passed out. Not fun. Talk about freaking out all the already freaked out kids awaiting their turn at the nurse's station. And for some reason I handled my passing out spell a little worse this time...taking a full day to recover completely. I've been known to play a basketball game right after fainting, drive all the way across town right after fainting, and a number of other things...but this time it really did a number on me. But I'm fine now, just still disappointed that I haven't outgrown my fear of needles...or whatever it is. :)
We also got recognized at a very special baby dedication. It was so neat to take part in it!
Our wonderful friends also threw us a baby shower to celebrate Eden's birth. Thanks again everyone!!
And of course what post of ours would be complete without discussion of food? We ate lot of food. A lot of good food. A lot of American food. Brandon gained 9 pounds. haha! And we've been back in China three days, and he's already lost 6 of it. So you get an idea of how our "Asian Diet" works...splurge & starve. Well, ok just joking. But you get the jist. Could this be a foreshadowing of our impending weight gain upon our arrival in America?!

And that's a quick summary of our (hopefully not last!) trip to Thailand.


2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

How fun!! Looks like an awesome trip!!!! Yea!!! Eden looks so cute!! I love that book pic! So fun!!!

e&k said...

Eden, We love your MADE IN CHINA shirt! And the picture of April and Eden is soooo precious.