Because I know that's what you're going to say when I tell you what we've started doing.
Eden is officially a cloth-diapered baby. I know, you all really look forward to babysitting now, right?
But this isn't your momma's cloth diaper folks. This is the bumGenius! 3.0 version of a cloth diaper...a revolutionary product that is saving the environment and your pocket book all in one awesome and fun product. (ok, commercial over)
Here's Eden sporting her new lime green bootie...
I realize you all think we've gone and built a straw house, bought a Subaru, started exclusively wearing Patagonia, and got all hippie-fied...but before you get all judgy on me let us explain our rationale. (and I do say US because Brandon is stoked about it too) When we broke out our dusty calculator and did the math on how much we'd spend on diapers and wipes over the next few years (here's hoping Eden's potty trained by the time she's two) we figure we're going to save roughly about $800. And that's starting late. If we had started as soon as Eden was born we would've saved a total of approx $1200. sheeeesh! On stuff she just poops and pees on. I felt like I should just start taping a bunch of cash around her bootie to soak up her pee because that's what it felt like I was doing anyways! SO, we made the plunge and Eden now has microfiber fleece strapped around her and it's way more comfy for her and our wallet. We're projecting to break even before we even leave Chiner! Plus they come in way cool colors. We chose to stick with green and blue (although she'd look soooo cute in a pink one!) because we can rationalize putting her in those colors but can't come to grips with possibly putting a future son in pink...because they'll last that long too!
So look out Gramma & BonBon, when Eden comes for a visit your washing machine is going to get a workout! :)
So look out Gramma & BonBon, when Eden comes for a visit your washing machine is going to get a workout! :)


4 comments:
Yay for cloth diapers! (or "CD" as all us tree-hugger moms say:)
We put Isaac in his newborn ones this week and they worked great! He is so cute...and it makes his little bootie look even chunkier...who wouldn't want a chunkier baby bum??? The only problem is we didn't buy enough...but they're still helping out the ole' pocketbook everytime we use them. I can't wait for him to try the bumgenius.
how do you wash/dry them in China? We didn't opt for cloth because of the sometimes it takes 2 days for clothes to dry delima...
I took a pic of Aashini in a green Bumgenius just yesterday and I'm going to post it sometime this week - haha! Fun! Eden looks cute!! Our BG are still HUGE on Aashini though and when she wears them with clothes she looks hilarious still - haha! I should have gotten some newborn ones too, but these BG are great!!
No kidding! I don't even have kids but since everyone over here uses cloth diapers and it's really kind of easy I've already decided mine are wearing cloth...and you thought you were weird!!
Post a Comment