Our baomu (house helper) came today. She comes twice a week (6 hours total) to help us do those pesky routine chores like vacuum, mop, dust, do the dishes, you get the drift. She's such a cool girl, an adult by the way for reasons we'll explain later in the story, and has great chinese so that makes her easy to practice with. Today she even made us some tasty banana bread! Mmmm yum. Anyways, not the point of the story. So she showed up today with a sack in hand from the local Silver Plaza (although a neat store, not quite as fantastic as the name might lead you to believe) She bought herself a pair of house shoes to wear while she's in our home so she doesn't track in all the stuff off the streets and carry it all over our floors. "How nice!", you say. I know! Then she takes them out of the bag and Brandon and I just about fell to the floor in laughter. Let me show you why:
(her's are in the middle, our's are on each side)

They may look like a 9 year old's pair of shoes but I assure you they fit perfectly on the foot of a 28 year old chinese lady. Need I elaborate more as to why we cannot find shoes that fit our feet in this country?


2 comments:
Ok...so funny story. Today I ordered some black Reef flipflop/sandals (size 9) because there's nothing in my size here. What makes your picture REALLY weird is that as we were scanning the internet for shoes while on the "Chaco" site I said "Oh, those are the kind that Brandon had...they looked comfy but didn't have the strap on the back" (which I don't like the strap particularly.
The shoes are arriving via new-comers from Florida on Oct 20th!
This just in...Big foot has migrated to China! (hehe... but I soooo can't talk.)
Post a Comment