The other day Brandon and I were watching an episode of The Amazing Race. Something about what they were doing made Brandon think. He turned to me and said, "Our life seems boring compared to this."
We sat and felt sorry for ourselves for about two seconds.
And then I reminded him that every morning he takes our daughter to Chinese preschool on the back of a motorcycle down streets with live chickens.

Turns out...maybe we're not so boring after all.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Boring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
greatest. post. ever. :)
I think moments like that are the very opposite of culture shock. When you feel so at home that everything seems normal, nothing stands out, and you're goin' with the flow. I went to a waterfall today in a jungle and let my mother-in-law stop to take a picture of an elephant crossing sign...bc there's really wild elephants that cross there. And the only thing on my mind this morning was how much I wanted to sleep in and "not go to the waterfall."
Is it already cold enough to wear that? Enjoy your chickens and "the commute."
Ha!! Your life is definitely anything but boring!
Post a Comment