In case it hasn't been noticed, I'll state it out loud.
Apparently adding a third child to the family seriously takes away from blogging time.
Thankfully though, the only thing that is suffering from the changes of adding a 5th family member is the blog. Us? We're thriving. We're loving this mini-man and what he adds to our family.
Sure, we're occasionally sleep deprived, covered in baby vomit or urine (learning the hard way yet again about baby boys!), and entertaining our older children by non-stop movies...but we're thriving! :)
My parents went home on thursday, which means we lost our entertainment for Eden and Salem, our cook, our dish washer, our extra set of diaper-changing hands, and extra shoulders for burping on.
We're truly grateful they were able to be here and to stay for so long!!
I wish someone would have told me with my first baby to throw the books out the window and to just stare at my baby, hold her, and enjoy her. We didn't do a good job of enjoying Eden's newborn stage like I think we should have. We were far too concerned with schedules, making sure she got her 15 minutes of allotted wake time before naptime, and making sure we didn't "spoil" her by holding her too much.
I feel like, finally, with our third, we're enjoying our baby. We're treasuring his newborn phase. Sleepless nights and all, we're holding him just a bit longer, laughing at him while he does the weird REM newborn eye thing, and doing our best to not be swept up in the scheduling that a newborn needs.
Meanwhile, Brandon has been taking care of business. Applying for a passport for my newborn and getting his Thai birth certificate translated are things that make me breathe heavily and want to pass out and never wake up. We're up a creek if I ever have to start acting like a responsible human being.
My one baby that wasn't born in Thailand sure is handsome in his Thai clothes...
And my two Thai babies...
Maybe the reason I'm enjoying Caleb more is because he's our third and we realize how fleeting this time is. Maybe its because we're "seasoned" parents and are more used to the grunts and growls and squeaks of newborns. (me thinks not)
Maybe it's because he's most likely our last newborn to have around.
Whatever it is, we're soaking up time with our sleepy head.
And now that it's taken me about 3.5 hours to publish this one simple blog, maybe I'll take that as a cue to take a blog hiatus!
over and out... for awhile. :)









9 comments:
The pictures are ALL gorgeous and so is he!! I can barely write a blog of sustenance with one-- hence the "pre published" general pictures... :/ I can't even imagine more than one!! Seriously... Can.NOT.imagine. Love teh post and would love to hear your birth story (says the lady who still can't sit and write her own...) Some day!
Congratulations! he's SO BEAUTIFUL! Mine is screeching even now... Off we go!
I love these pictures!! ahhhh, I miss you guys so much. Makes my heart happy to see you thriving though. :)
LOVE the pictures! What a beautiful family!
Even my "good" baby didn't sleep for his newborn pics!!! Thanks for posting that super awesome one of all 5 of you before cutting me off. A little Calebethamphetamine to tide me over til my newborn is in arms. He's gorgeous Mama...which always helps with the staring at him thing. ;)
Enjoyed every minute that I spent with your 3.5 hour work. Thanks for sharing. You guys are so adorable.
He's beautiful!! I'm so glad y'all are having a happy newborn phase. It's so much easier after the first one!
The pictures are amazing. Love you guys!
Congratulations! Beautiful family! Been thinking of you all and praying for you!
Loved this. And love you. :)
Post a Comment