Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hangin' in There

It's been almost a week since the last blog post...and in the grand scheme of baby-ness, a lot can happen in a week. But, we're all still in the same place we were a week ago. 

Brandon, studying. Eden, coloring. Salem, digging for worms. Me, propping my feet up. And Caleb, growing bigger and bigger still INSIDE my belly. Though, can I just say that I experienced a medical miracle this morning? Within the past week I've eaten more Burger King, Krispy Kreme, and AuBonPain chocolate croissants than one should ever be allowed. And somehow, miraculously, I weighed LESS at today's doc appointment than last week's. Now that's my kind of diet plan! This Bangkok heat and all this walking must be doing some good!

Meanwhile, we've been eagerly counting down the days with our paper chain until my parents arrive. They get here Saturday morning, bright and early, just in time for breakfast. Or a nap if they prefer! 


And once they arrive, the jumping jacks, stair climbing, and walking 6 miles a day for me will commence. Come on Caleb!!

5 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

I'm sure Bangkok has something even stronger than a jumping jack... You should learn the Thai phrase for, "Where are the trampolines?" and hit up every mall and shopping center with import sporting goods.

The Reeds said...

I hear some women lose weight or level off before birth.. Maybe he's right on track for a Monday delivery!

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Remember, running 18 flights of steps at the BH then walking with Hunt to Outback for some apple pie induced my labor with Archie within 7 hours or so. You should try it. Maybe you can eat more pie and gain less again :)

Rachel said...

He'll come when he's ready, right? Glad to hear you're hanging in there, krispy kreme, burger king, and especially Au Bon Pain chocolate croissants (the best in the entire world!!!!) sound pretty good to help you out with that. Seriously though, we are all praying and hoping for a safe and soon delivery! You're going to make it, sometime! Praying for you all. R

Anonymous said...

I've heard from a massage therapist that massaging the calves works! Praying for your precious family :)