Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mug Shot

Brandon and I usually aren't total procrastinators. Well, Brandon's usually not. He's pretty on the ball about most things.
But the other night he looked over at me and said:
                   "Oh yeah!! We need to get Salem a passport!!"

Might be helpful if we're moving overseas.

First step: Mug Shot.

Photobucket


Why we didn't take him out of his jammies first, I'm not sure. He'll forever be jammie-fied in his first passport. Guess that's what we get for not totally being on the ball on this one...and for doing our passport photos in our own home.

Second: Head to the local post office to turn in necessary paperwork.
It's REEEE-diculous the amount of paperwork required for that sort of thing. (not to mention the cost!)

Third:  Answer Post-Office-Lady-Stranger's questions about said passport.
I think people think we're weird applying for a passport for our 1.5 year old. When she realized Salem was the only one applying for one that day, she looked at Eden and said, "Wow, little world traveler, huh?!"  Then we told her she was born overseas. That automatically put us in the Big League of Weirdos.

Fourth: Wait patiently for passport to arrive before our moving date.
Really, I think we've got plenty of time before it gets here. They said 4-6 weeks. We're supposed to leave in 6-ish weeks. eh, I'm not worried.

Plus, just makes the anticipation that much more fun!!
oh the joys of procrastination!

6 comments:

The Reeds said...

Oh dear! Jammies forever (or ten years or whatever). What fun! And he looks like such a big boy!

Why do people thing you're a freak if you leave the border of Texas? Talk about irony.

Leslie said...

It's a cute picture, even if it is in jammies. You may see his passport as soon as 2 weeks from now. When I got mine in Nov they told me 4-6 and it was in my mailbox w/i two weeks!

Kevin and Becky said...

I thought you had to get a new passport at age 5? I could be wrong though. I hope it comes soon!

Anthony and Sharon said...

first- cutest pajama passport photo ever. I need to show you Isaac's first. OH.MY. He looks like a gremlin with a bad virus and only one ear. He has to get another one at age 5 anyway...this one will be oh-so-cute til then.

2nd- passport fees are reimbursable... save that receipt!

3rd- I always want to reply and say something like, "We're their parents and we know they don't have a choice in this. But when my kid ends up being a cross-cultural guru, well-traveled, and multi-lingual before the age of 18, you'll wish he would ask your daughter out." Or just show them a pic of some awesome vacation we took and let the picture speak for itself. Also I like to use the term "Abroad" when speaking to people like that... it has a condescending British feeling to it that communicates the, "..and I don't wanna hear it" in the, "Yes. We're moving abroad."statement.

4th- Eh. You'll get it in plenty of time. There-by reinforcing the procrastination behavior.

(the word verification is "maneter"... the fun never ends!

Damon and Erin said...

That is the cutest mug shot I have ever seen!!! What a cutie pie!!

Little Wife on the Prairie said...

6 weeks!?!?! No way. You have got to come to playgroup and say goodbye. Or you could just walk down the street. :)