And possibly last? Well probably not. Because it wasn't THAT bad!
The Mini-Sprint Triathlon. ahhhhhh, fun times. I get to say that I completed a Triathlon now. And that makes me a smidgeon cooler than I was before. :)
But I'll be honest here folks. It's one of those triathlons that if you're even slightly athletically inclined, you can do this one. It was swim 175 m, bike 5 miles, and run 1.5 miles. See? Not really that bad. But it's cool because my shirt says "Triathlon" on it, and not "Easy Peasy Triathlon That Anyone Can Do." :)
It was a bit harder than I was expecting it to be though. Swim was pretty easy I thought. And since the local Town Club hosted it, it started at their public pool. Which means that the swim portion of the race started by sliding down the tube slide! That was kinda a shocker to start of the race with, but still fun!
But the bike part.....yeeeeeks!!

WHY OH WHY do they make bike seats SOOO uncomfortable?! Sure my thighs were burnin' and I was huffing and puffing pretty hard, but really the hardest part of the bike portion was the stupid seat. Good googly! It reminded me of why when given the choice of ANY exercise equipment to workout on, I will ALWAYS choose anything other than a bike/cycle/spin class/etc...
moving on...

Run 1.5 miles! Easy peasy on any other given day. But after swimming and biking, it was harder than I expected. Especially in that Texas heat! In the picture above, I promise me and Jill were running. Though it looks like we were totally taking it easy, we were working it!

Matt came back and finished the race with Jill. See? They're working hard! Matt had just completed a full Sprint Triathlon (300 m swim, 10 mile bike, 5k run) and felt it appropriate to rub it in our faces that he could still move his legs enough to run with us the rest of the way. (just joking bro, GOOD JOB!)
And as we crossed the finish line we were adorned with medals!

Fun times! Especially when you get to do it with your sister-in-law!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
A First Ever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Um. You neglected the hard-core sharpie numbers tatooed on your arm that only the ruggedest of athletes wear! No pic of the moment you came down the slide?
I was thinking about how not hard it must be to bike in Texas seeing as how there are no hills. But I digress... mini or full, that's stinkin' awesome!
Post a Comment