It should be written in the Official Parent Handbook..."So you want your child to be still, stay calm, smile at the camera, don't poke each other in the eye, and be happy the entire hour we'll be taking your picture. Are you kidding me?!" (addendum: "Are you insane?!")
None the less, I thought our family could handle it. I mean, I get to take pretty people's photos all the time and their kiddos do fabulous. Shouldn't mine be the same?
So Jordan, our awesome friend honing her photography skills, was kind enough to shoot some family photos for us! She did absolutely awesome and we appreciate and love her so much! I took the ones that I'm not in and Jordan took over the role of jumping-singing-dancer-behind-the-camera-so-the-kids-will-look-this-way person. Thanks Jordan!!
So below is the process of trying to capture that elusive family photo! Hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed editing them! :)
*warning: quite possibly wayyyy too many pictures ahead!*
Pose #1: Fail.
Salem was far too concerned with Eden being behind him where he couldn't keep an eye on her. And Eden was NOT thrilled with him touching her. Meanwhile Brandon and I try to put on "everything's fine!" smiles while keeping a death grip on our children.
Pose #2: Fail.
Salem: "Hey, a bird!" Eden: "Is this what you mean by smile?"
Can you tell that Brandon and I are having a conversation through our teeth? I think it was something along the lines of, "this is NOT going to work."
oh wait! FINALLY we get Salem to look at the camera! woops.
Giving Salem a little down time...I took a few of Eden.
The result of saying, "Eden, look into the lens!" leads her to believe there is actually SOMETHING in my lens:
but yet the result of, "Eden, smile!" gets this:
Both kiddos this time. Salem gets his first (of many) taste of grass. Eden's obviously thrilled about it.
But for a millisecond there, they were both smiling!
We got some other really great ones too!


LOVE this next one. Eden was being unusually cuddly and it's like Salem is saying, "uh, hang on, gimme one more second with this finger."
And even some great family shots too!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
The Making of a Family Photo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Good stuff! The captions made me L O L.
So did you do a timer on the ones of you 4 or trust some one else to hit the button?
Holy Smoke! I have to agree with Sharon...I laughed out loud as well. Okay, I giggled...your captions are just what I was thinking about the picture and then you managed to put it into words. Well, great photos anyway. We have several family pics where someone is pouting or crying. Keep taking them...you can use them as proof of all you did for your kids later :)
You have a beautiful family. God has truely blessed you guys.
For the record: Never too many pictures! These are so much fun! Even the "fails" are "keepers"!
Those are great! I Love the fails too! :)
You have a beautiful and blessed family!!! These are all great pics!
Post a Comment