Very few good things can come from spending 3 hours in an IHOP.
UNLESS you spend it with 5 UH.MAZE.ING women who have the best sense of humor and love Christ with all their heart!!
So after the kiddos were in bed, we made the trek to the infamous place that serves buttermilk pancakes at 2 am, and had a blast laughing with one another until our jaws hurt and we laughed off enough calories to justify the Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity!
Fact #1:
Do NOT hire your local IHOP waiter to take your annual family photos. Because they just might come out looking a little like this:

Subtract the fuzziness and the yellow haze, and that's one priceless pic!
In the center is Atom (yes, I did spell that right) who moonlight's as IHOP's Employee of the Month! Right on, Atom! If he quits his night job, he might could make it in the comedian biz. Well, maybe. For a bunch of off-duty mommies eating pancakes at 10 pm, we thought he had a knack for entertaining us! "Hey, are ya'll feeling neglected back here in the corner?! Cuz, if so, you all just line up single file and I'll hand out EERRRRR-HOP hugs!!"
And then Lauren spotted Mexican Elvis.
IHOP is a hoppin place around 11 pm!!
Fact #2:
Chocolate chip chocolate pancakes don't go well with any flavor syrup that doesn't have "chocolate" in it's title. Trust me. I tried them all.
(note that Fact #1 still holds true)
The girls were so sweet to slip Atom 3 birthday candles to stick in my chocolate chip chocolate pancakes! One of THE best birthday presents EVER is spending time with sweet girlfriends eating, laughing, and building up one another in the Lord! Thank you sister friends! I had a BLAST!!
Birthday blessings continued today with a family jog (well, mommy/daddy jog with kiddos getting stroller-ed), Mellow Mushroom lunch/picnic at the park, Stracciatella gelato at our fav ice cream place, PeiWei dinner with Bek, Kev, Jacob, & Liz, and a cupcake from The Cupcake Shoppe!
annnnddd, I'm noticing a trend here. Yes, I'm not afraid to admit that sometimes I AM all about the food. :) Good thing we got that run in this morning!
Brandon got me some new earphones that are supposed to be great for running, a new book that I've been asking for, and is still pondering a Nike Fit. (I say still pondering because he wasn't sure I wanted it, and I'm still not sure I want it...the jury is still out. opinions?! experience, anyone?!)
Overall, a very blessed and fantabulous birthday (even if I did gain about 8 pounds in one day!) with great friends and wonderful family! And my mom and dad are flying into town tomorrow! yay!
And because I may be ignoring you, blog, I'll get a bit ahead of myself too...Have a very Happy Easter! Hunt and dye eggs, eat Cadbury creme eggs and peeps, and soak up some family time. But ultimately, remember Christ's death and resurrection! He's ALIVE!! He is Risen!!!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!
Oh Nike fit.. I do love it.. WHEN IT WORKS. When it works it's awesome.. When it doesn't it's MUY FRUSTRATANTE!
I would say get one but be prepared to buy a new sensor within the year.
I wish I had just bought a Garmin and saved our money...But that's a BIG purchase!
Glad your birthday was good and I hope the grandparents brought some free meals and babysitting with them when they came!
Oh dear! Sometimes I get so mixed up in the twists and turns of something I do that I cant' explain it.
The fonts took what seemed like FOREVER. Long story short, I went to kevinandamanda.com and followed her tutoirials to first change the font of blog headings, then learned how to do a signature. You have to set up a separate "web site" and then copy the HTML into your site.
I'm not shooting raw. I tried by my mac PS4 won't recognize it. (?) I got the UNO photo tutorial from Lauren Clark this past week and am trying to tweak curves there and going in with paintbrush to "paint away" changes where not wanted or to add them where wanted. Let me know if that explains anything or made it worse!
Post a Comment