Eden has said some cool stuff lately.
Thought I'd share.
She's learning her letters. Right now, she can recognize A,B,C, & D. So this morning I asked her, "what comes after D?" She thought carefully... "SIX!"
She likes to pretend talk on her plastic cellphone with my brother's dog, Ali. She likes to tell Ali about the weather. Yesterday she told Ali that there's no more snow so she can't go "snowing" (sledding) but there's lots of mud so she can go "mudding." :)
One of her favorite songs right now is Deep and Wide. She gets the words mixed up sometimes and sings about "Pink and white, pink and white, there's a phmmphmnmphnm, flowing pink and white."
In the evening during her alone play time she pretends that her babydoll is in trouble and that she has to give her spankings. (can't imagine where she gets that from?!) And then yesterday after she gave the babydoll spankings I heard her from the kitchen mutter something about "Salem, spanking..." I turned around the corner just in time to save Salem's rear end from the wooden spoon. eeeeeesh.
And my favorite. About a week ago she started saying her own prayers. After I prayed over our lunch one day she said she wanted to pray too. So I told it was her turn. (and while she prayed, I teared up...I pray it's her first of MANY convos with God!)
"I pray daddy. I pray mommy. I pray Salem. I pray Ali. I pray food. I pray Scott Trichelle (her nightly request). I pray gymnastics. I pray obey. (she hears us pray that she'll keep learning to obey!) ...... AMEN!!!" And threw her arms up in the air in "TADA! fashion."
So cool.


4 comments:
Ha Ha! I love the "pink and wide" song. Bryson and Ashlyn also imitate the spankings, but luckily it's good to also see kids imitate the loving and cuddling. :)
Ooops, I meant "pink and white". Apparently I get them mixed up too! :)
Emma imitates the spankings with her baby dolls also. Kind of frustrating, but she also loves to hug and kiss, so hopefully it all evens out. For her letters, I made her some quilt rag letters (upper and lower case) and she adores them! We spell her name and match up the lower and upper case and put them in order. Great because they go in their basket when she's done and we can take them anywhere. I'll try and put some pictures up on our blog in the next couple of days, but they were so simple to make. Since you're so crafty, I'm sure you'd have no problem. :)
It's good to know my whole fam comes second to the dog! :) And, at least your daughter isn't in kindergarten and getting in trouble for spanking friends (playfully) and telling friends to spank other friends. Yep, I'm pretty sure CPS will be calling soon...
On another note, I love the little prayer, too cute. I love listening to my kids pray!
Post a Comment