Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Little Gymnast

I've started taking Eden to "gymnastics" once a week. I say, "gymnastics" because it is in the gymnastics building, but for her age group it's really just organized chaos. She loves it! And I totally love it because everything is trampolines, or padded inflatable toys, or cushioned giant mats...so basically nothing for her to hurt herself on! It's great!
There's a giant trampoline, which she hasn't quite mastered:


Big inflatable toys:


And I giant swing! Which I personally think is the coolest, but she's always a bit hesitant. Holding the elephants helps though. :)


I know this picture is way blurry, but maybe it gives you an idea of how big this "swing" is (which is really just a harness suspended from the ceiling). Her little friends are grabbing her toes at the bottom of the pic. :)



We've also started attending the Library's reading times for kids. They sing, play games, and read a book to the kiddos for about 15 minutes. Then they bring out a tub of toys for the kids to play with and reading time is over. She prefers the reading time and gets upset when it's over. Looks like we've got a bookworm on our hands. :)
sorry...no pictures of the library. Though it's fun, it doesn't make for stellar photographs. 

6 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That is AWESOME! That looks like so much fun!!! How cool! What a fun thing to do!

Anonymous said...

So makes me want to be a kid again! We love us some Eden!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics...hate to miss this Thursday...does it go for one more week after that?

Anonymous said...

That rocks!

Mike and Emily said...

She is so cute!!! I added you in my blog list for updates, if that's ok. Take care!
Emily and Mike

The Porters said...

That looks like so much fun. Where are the classes at?