Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wonderful Little White Box

This is our new best friend:
Just in case you can't tell what that is...it's an Apple Time Capsule. We bought it when we ordered our MacBook and can I just tell you all about it's awesomeness?
I wasn't so into the purchase...I mean, it's a lot of money. But after Brandon's tireless efforts of convincing me that we needed this product, he won me over.  And now I could kiss the man. Well, I did.

Not only is this machine our external hard drive which automatically backs up our computer every time we do anything on it.
But it's our wireless router (and wireless printer access)
Our firewall.
AND
Our time capsule...which enables our computer to literally jump back in time and retrieve any priceless data we might have accidentally deleted. Like say, oh, our newest purchase of PhotoShop CS3. Somehow in the installation of this new software we deleted one of the main components needed for running this program effectively. And even after removing the program and trying to re-install...still no success.
But then we remembered our trusty, not-so-rusty, Time Capsule that jumped back in time and remembered upon command that we installed this missing component of CS3. And with the wave of a wand (or a mouse click) BAMMO! Adobe Bridge of CS3 was back on our dock lickity split. 
That one instance alone has made the purchase of this blessed Time Capsule completely worth it. 
May I suggest you look into getting yourself one?
Yes I may.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

or, if you had a pc you could use system recovery and do the same thing (but it's free). you'll never turn me to the dark side. mj

Brandon and April said...

good point big bro, BUT with your handy dandy pc's system recovery, you don't also get 500 gig extra hard drive or wireless and firewall capabilities. :)

Keith and Amy said...

you should look at our blog. it is super cute! :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

whoa :) that's cool!