edit: It seems my title may have freaked some moms out, but don't be alarmed...I'm talking about a completely safe "Seinfeldian Worlds Collide" type collision...
read on.
We had our friends over for lunch the other day and me being a bit too lazy to cook and a bit too pregnant to crave Chinese food, we just grabbed some McDonalds and came back here to eat.

So East meets West...in a completely Phoenix fashion.
The rest of our time with them was great. We talked about all kinds of stuff...but it mostly consisted of them telling me things that I should or shouldn't do while pregnant. The Chinese way of Life vs. the American way of Life when it comes to pregnant women is drastically different. I won't bore you with the many many differences, but will suffice it to say that their last instruction to me was to take it easy and listen to peaceful music.
Phoenix: "You should not watch tv, or talk on cell phone, or play on computer. Just listen to peaceful music."
Me: "Oh you mean like Beethoven?"
Phoenix: "No. No. That is still much too...uh...(forgetting the english word he begins to act like he's banging on a piano and makes the "duh duh duh duh!" noise)
Me: "Oh right....ok."
Phoenix: "Yes. I think, hmm....well, do you know Enya?"
At this point Brandon just about spewed his McD's coke all over the table in all out laughter. Not only were we completely shocked that he'd heard of Enya, but that he felt like it was recommended pregnancy music. It was priceless.
I've yet to pick up the most recent Enya cd. But someday if it happens to make it's way into my cd collection I'd be more than happy to let you borrow it during your peaceful music phase of your pregnancy.


2 comments:
Once again, a great story. BUT.. you should never begin a blog with the title "A Collision" that your mother on the other side of the world will read--especially when you are pregnant!
I think you should take pictures of Phoenix eating everyday...they're all hilarious (we talked about your cho do fu the other day...and laughed)
Anyway... I'll confess that I have the "Celtic Woman" version of the Enya song "Orinoco Flow" (Sail away sail away sail away) and I love it... it totally makes me want to go on vacation everytime I listen to it.
Please still be my friend even though I'm sure you're now completely disappointed in me... ok?
~Sharon
Post a Comment