Thursday, July 19, 2007

We Have Fleas...

yeah. I know. Gross. Ewww. Yuck.
And I'm running a huge risk telling you this because I know now you've totally talked yourself out of visiting us. But with little going on these last few days, our flea infestation has consumed my thoughts.
Yesterday morning Brandon left for a quick trip to go pay our electricity bill.
I heard the door shut...and then about 2 minutes later, I heard the door open again and he was screeching: "Ahh...they are everywhere! They're biting! What do I do?!"
I ran in there only to see his ankles and feet covered by little black bugs. I ushered him into the bathroom (which remember is just one big room with a shower in the corner) and started spraying his legs down with water. Those stupid things wouldn't come off!
Finally after pelting them with water for quite a while we thought we got most of them down the drain...that is until we found one or two on our house shoes periodically through out the day. They even popped up in my dreams last night.
So for over 24 hours our apartment has been infested with fleas.
Ok, maybe infested is a strong word. But still...finding a couple here and there is no fun.

But this is when our strong disliking for indoor pets is paying off big time. "They" say that without anything to "feed" on, fleas will die within 2 weeks time. So with no dogs or cats to prey on, those little suckers should be goners (sp?) soon. Perfect timing for our trip out of town next week...get out of here while our house fleas die off.

So as long as you weren't planning a trip to visit us in the next two weeks, I think you'll have a flea-free couch to sleep on in no time!

2 comments:

Keith and Amy said...

When is your due date Ape?

Anonymous said...

i hate fleas. and mites. and ticks. and mosquitos. and cranberry juice.

love, kevin