Seems like we haven't posted in quite a while. Sorry about that. But honestly, I think it's because things have just been completely normal lately...which has prompted me to write this post (inspired by our friends' post on normalcy).
Usually we write about the odd things that we deal with every day living in this new culture or funny stories about our cultural "oopses," but for the past week, each day has been just as normal as what most of you deal with day to day...
Grocery shopping. Going to class. House cleaning. Fixin' dinner. etc...
And then while we're at home things usually go just about the same as they did back in the U.S.
Go & Row bark outside.
We can hear the footsteps of our little neighbor upstairs.
Horns honk in the distance.
We eat dinner in front of the tv occasionally...watching bootleg versions of Seinfeld.
Thunderstorms.
Bombs go off outside (ok so maybe this isn't quite what you deal with...but they are becoming normal to us) (and maybe we should clarify the word "bomb" to let you know that it's not actually what the middle east deals with but more so just loud annoying fireworks...which we like to call bombs and are growing completely used to)
I made cinnamon toast for breakfast this morning.
Brandon is watching a NBA playoff game right now on tv.
See? All normal things...except for the fact that maybe you don't have to ration your cinnamon and your NBA playoff games don't have chinese commentators. :)
Just wanted to give you a little insight into how things are still normal in our lives also...with a little cultural craziness only every now and then.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Day to Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I ate cinnamon toast this morning too! We are SO normal...it's like we never even moved...shooooot. 'cept I can get cinnamon really easy. The 'Spice Islands" didn't get their name on accident.
B & A. I totally think it's normal living. Cinnamon toast is a luxury in the Platte household sometimes. I know we could go to the wally-world 1/4 mile down the road, but I guess I (Keith) am just lazy. I forget what we take for granted. Just so you know, we've told the Amy "penistone" story a few times now here in Abilene. Oh, and last night we were talking about you guys with some friends. I apologize to Brandon because his story of the accident at the ATM may have come up. I'm sure you know what I am talking about, but anyways, we were thinking of you and how we miss y'all. We will keep thinking about you and lifting you up.
I think I might make cinnamon toast for breaky saturday... and I will think of my sister. Hey! Did you have apple sauce? That's the only way to eat it after all. I'm making myself hungry...
Post a Comment