Sometimes I CAN NOT BELIEVE I AM GOING TO BE A DAD. Othertimes, I AM SO EXCITED THAT I AM GOING TO BE A DAD.
These are the two thoughts that continually run through my head all day long and even into the night. I am beginning to realize that I must become somewhat of a responsible person. Most of you who know me would say that I am a responsible person, but also say I still act like a kid sometimes. I usually act like a adult, but my tendencies go toward childhood. So therefore the those two thoughts continually go through my head.
April has been reading a book about pregnancy, thanks to our sister-in-law who has two kids herself, and she suggested that I read one of the chapters. The chapter was called Husbands of Pregnant Women. In it the author puts my thoughs and feelings (or any other guys thoughts and feelings) about having their first child, into words. These thoughts and feelings are also knows as FEARS. I will list the ones that really apply to me.
- When I become a dad, I can not be the baby anymore
- I will have to deliver the baby myself
- When the baby does come, the doctor will insist that I cut the umbilical cord
- And, labor and delivery will hurt April, and I won't be able to make it better
These points are somewhat of a joke, but somewhat true as well. All I know is in 6 months April and I are going to have a very small little baby, and the truth is that I have never held a brand new baby before, and I don't know if I know how. My friends reassure me that I will be able to do all these things.
So I just wanted to announce that to the public that I am really excited, but I don't know what I am doing. As one of my old teachers used to say, "Can I get a witness?"


3 comments:
You'll be fine with the umbillical cord, they'll give you gloves...
and I'm convinced God made daddies like they are so they instinctively know which toys will be the most fun (for their kids AND for them)
hey guys,
i just wanted to let ya'll know that i keep up with your blog and your goings on there. and i'm PUMPED for ya'll having a BABY!! how very exciting. ya'll will be wonderful parents.
blessings,
Lane
If its any consolation Brandon, I think you're going to be a fantastic father. :) I mean that in all sincerety. (plus, you'll be the best wrestling buddy EVER!)
Post a Comment